Here's a handy list of API tools for software testers that you might find useful.
- Advanced Rest Client - A better API testing tool
- API Fortress - A complete API testing suite
- apptalk.ninja - Monitor your application talking to other devices
- Diffy - Find potential bugs in your services with Diffy
- HttpMaster - Master API & Web Testing
- httpie - Modern command line HTTP client – user-friendly curl alternative with intuitive UI, JSON support, syntax highlighting, wget-like downloads, extensions, etc
- HttpRequester - HttpRequester add-on for Firefox
- Insomnia - Debug APIs like a human, not a robot
- Paw - Paw is a full-featured HTTP client that lets you test the APIs you build or consume. It has a beautiful native OS X interface to compose requests, inspect server responses and generate client code out-of-the-box.
- Postman - A powerful GUI platform to make your API development faster & easier, from building API requests through testing, documentation and sharing.
- RESTClient - Tool to test HTTP/RESTful webservices.
- RESTtest - A simple and intuitive way to invoke RESTful web services as well as standard HTTP calls.
- Runscope - API monitoring and testing
- soapUI - The Most Advanced REST & SOAP Testing Tool in the World
- Stoplight - Supercharge your API strategy
- Traffic Parrot - a service virtualizaiton tool for simulating backend and third-party APIs to help with manual exploratory testing
More to add?
Are there any resources we’ve missed? Do you know of any great API tools we should add to this list? Share your findings on The Club and we’ll review it to be added to this list.