Here's a handy list of mobile testing tools for software testers that you might find useful.
Free Mobile Testing Tools
- Appium - Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps.
- AWS Device Farm - Device Farm.
- Calabash - Automated Acceptance Testing for Mobile Apps.
- Chrome-Dev Tools - Debugger for Android. Remote debug live content on an Android device from your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
- Droid Explorer - A tool to manage your rooted android device with the simplicity of Windows Explorer.
- Eggplant/Mobile - eggPlant Functional is able to naturally conduct mobile testing using the iOS Gateway and Android Gateway agents to connect directly to live mobile devices, or to emulators.
- Frank (iPad automation) - Frank allows you to write structured text test/acceptance tests/requirements (using Cucumber) and have them execute against your iOS application.
- Gametel - a higher-level abstraction around android cucumber drivers.
- iPad/iPhone Peek - Online iPad/iPhone Emulator.
- Mobile Labs Trust - Mobile Labs Trust is an automated mobile app testing software that tests apps on all major mobile platforms, including smartphones and tablets, as well as on all Operating Systems (OSs).
- Mobile Phone Emulator - Can emulate phones iPhone6 and older, Samsung, Blackberry, LG.
- MobiTest - Akamai Mobitest is a free tool created to raise awareness to Mobile Web Performance.
- Perfecto - Perfecto brings Selenium test automation to the cloud through Selenium Remote WebDriver, allowing teams to develop and execute test code on real mobile devices and browsers in real time against real end-user conditions.
- Reflector 2 - Wireless Mirroring.
- Robotium (GitHub) Android UI Testing.
- Telerik - Test Studio w/Testdroid Test Studio Mobile is the latest addition to Test Studio solution, which is an intuitive and easy to use test automation solution for mobile application testing.
- Testmunk - App File Testing.
- VMLite Android App Controller - Can control Android phones via PC/MAC/Linux.
- WebInspector - Web Debugging for Safari on iPhone, iPad and PhoneGap for iOS 5.0 and 5.1.
- Weinre - Weinre is a debugger for web pages, like FireBug (for FireFox) and Web Inspector (for WebKit-based browsers), except it's designed to work remotely, and in particular, to allow you debug web pages on a mobile device such as a phone.
Paid For Mobile Testing Tools
- BrowserStack - A site that gives you instant access to 2000+ real mobile devices and browsers. Manual and automated testing, paid cloud service.
- Keynote - Manual and Automated testing, paid cloud service.
- SOASTA Manual and Automated testing, paid cloud service.
- Testdroid - Manual and Automated testing, paid service, multiple platforms.
- TestObject - Manual and Automated testing, paid service, multiple platforms.
More To Add?
Are there any resources we’ve missed? Do you know of any great mobile testing tools we should add to this list? Share your findings on The Club and we’ll review it to be added to this list.