Are We Beyond the Testing Pyramid?
Have you ever wondered about what the future is for test cases? They pop up regularly in the community and have a bit of a marmite feel to them at times. During one of the panel Discussions at TestBash Home, our panellists will discuss what their future is and what value they can provide. They'll be basing this on diverse experiences and situations to give you a rounded view of what the future holds. Have you booked your spot yet?
- Heather, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Provar!
Curious how you can close the gap between your testing practices and the current low code reality? Join Provar and GigaOm Analyst, Jon Collins on June 15 at 12 pm EDT to find out. Register now.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
DevBoss released a shiny new landing page to help you find ways to connect with the community.
How can you get your team focused, collaborating on mitigating risks and setting clear goals all while working remotely? Shuqi has some excellent suggestions in this recent article.
Heather and Richard sat down for a quick chat about TestBash Home and all the things Heather will miss 😢 You don't have to miss out though and you can help Heather keep up with everything going on too! Have a listen 🎧
Did you know that there are 9 people in the community who have the Ministry of Testing logo inked on them forever? We share their community stories and look forward to seeing them at TestBash 😁
It can be difficult to achieve high-quality test automation that brings value to your team. Anton Angelov gave a talk at the Ministry of Testing Sfax recently to help you achieve this and more, the recording is available to watch back now.
Our CommunityBoss has set her last Bloggers Club challenge live for 2021. Have you got testing regrets? Share them in the June Bloggers Club.
The role of a Quality Coach is one that's becoming more prominent in organisations across the globe but what does it actually mean and how can you use it to maximise your professional potential? Vernon Richards gave an insightful talk at the Ministry of Testing Brighton to help you get to grips with it all.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also supported by Bird Eats Bug!
Free must-have Chrome extension: record your screen and Bird will auto-capture the relevant technical data, no config required. You'll significantly reduce manual work and avoid follow-up questions from engineers. Try 🐦on your next bug - you'll love it.
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions and Training Courses.
- Discussion: Growing Your Community with Rosie Sherry, Tristan Lombard and Lee Marshall - 8pm UK Time - 15th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th June 2021
- Masterclass: Grow your Career with Tech Communities with Nishi Grover Garg - 8pm UK Time - 29th June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Leadership with Butch Mayhew - 8pm UK Time - 13th July 2021
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
Are we beyond the testing pyramid? Is there a better visual representation of testing out there?
Have you ever felt like giving up on testing as a career? Mirza has and shares how they got through it in their recent blog. ❤️
The Angular team announced they would end the development of Protractor at the end of 2022. What are you planning to migrate to?
What is in your Sprint 0 checklist from a testing perspective? Is it a test plan, environments fully set up or something else?
Testers like to find bugs...or do they? Some interesting thoughts shared by Peet in his submission to the May Bloggers Club. 🐛
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
You want to make your testing efforts faster, more reliable and stable. So how can you choose the right automation framework for your team to achieve that?
Designing and implementing an automation test strategy can be overwhelming. Johanna shares what to look out for based on years of experience with test strategies.
To automate or not to automate, that is the question. When should you automate a test case?
Anand shares tips about how to write the tests, and run them across multiple platforms without any code change.
99-Minute Workshops - June 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Mocks and Testability - With Ali Haydar - 8pm UK Time - 7th June 2021
- RiskStorming Online - With Beren Van Daele - 8pm UK Time - 9th June 2021
- Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting - With Louise Gibbs - 12pm UK Time - 14th June 2021
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - With Roman Segador - 8pm UK Time - 16th June 2021
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - With Boni García - 12pm UK Time - 21st June 2021
- API Testing in Python with Requests - With Bas Dijkstra - 8pm UK Time - 23rd June 2021
- Approval Testing - With Emily Bache - 12pm UK Time - 28th June 2021
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - With Ady Stokes - 8pm UK Time - 30th June 2021