Ask Me Anything - The Future of Test Automation
We were joined by Alan Page who answered the following questions and provided lots of insight into his future vision of Test Automation.
- What do you say to testers and quality folk that really do not want to learn automation (snarky and non-snarky answers please!)
- In the future, will a small group of Modern Testers coach developers who do all the automation?
- What books/resources would you recommend for a new Lean advocate?
- What are the TOP THREE skills a QA needs to future-proof their careers?
- What do you see as the drawbacks to developers owning testing, and what are some strategies to minimise those drawbacks?
- How do you achieve balanced automation coverage across the stack when it involves coordination among Backend, Frontend, SDETs, etc? Who keeps the big picture in mind?
- I thought that record & playback tools are more useful for testers unfamiliar with writing code. Please expand on why developers might choose to use these tools?
- Where can you see exploratory testing in Modern Testing? Who should do that?
- Why is test automation so desirable for companies looking for new QA staff?
- What would be your advice when introducing a modern testing approach to dev/QA organisations?
- Do you think the future is leaning towards coded automated tests or using UI-heavy automated testing tools that are easy to pick up for non-coders?
- How do we make sure the future of test automation goes beyond correctness and addresses a broad range of quality aspects?
Discussion - The Future of Test Cases01:03:09
Do You Know How to Ask a Question?00:27:20
How Can You Contribute to Automation If You Don't Know How to Write Code?00:21:39
Navigating Rapid Change: How I Gave Birth to Dev Testing and a Baby in 9 Months00:24:59
How to Bring Accessibility Testing into Your Teams?00:29:25
Test Leadership In Requirements & Specification Stages00:28:27
Bullshit Alert! On The Bullshitisation of Software Testing00:25:45
Discussion - What is Quality?01:04:31
Gatekeeper to Enabler: 5 Steps to Make QA the Darling of Your Company00:46:46
Empathy is the Foundation of Testing00:21:43
TestBash Home 2021 - 99-Second Talks00:42:42
Ask Me Anything - Onboarding Testers01:10:38