Avoid the "Test Everything" strategy
It's incredibly exciting to read Richard Bradshaw's take on the future of TestBash. This is a TestBash event that blends the best bits of online and physical that push the boundaries of what's possible.
It's next year yet it's never too early to start the conversation and build that TestBash anticipation on Twitter, Slack, Racket, or The Club. And with such buzz, you can also submit your talk and/or activity, by 5th September.
– Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestRail!
Is your code tested and ready to release? TestRail provides real-time answers and features to Streamline your Testing
Try it out for free today!
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
Lots of upcoming events, new content and some great new conversations from The Club.
- Meet the Contributor Tamoya Beckford - Mike chats with Tamoya about career transition - when to consider them, how to do them and why your planning is important.
- Leadership and Parenting - Watch this meetup recording to learn from Shey Crompton. Discover how you could take skills as a parent into the workplace, in order to help team members on their journey.
- New charity swag added - More of our Annual Partners have signed off their designs for the T-Shirts, Mugs, and Stickers! Maybe there's something you've got an eye on? 👕
- The Future of TestBash - Learn what's next for TestBash Brighton. It's time to flip it!
- Do you think you can run a Masterclass on Test Strategies? Submit to speak before 13th August.
- Robot Framework Cookbook - the gauntlet is laid! - Adrian set a challenge with the Robot Framework Cookbook and a useful discussion ensued.
- Where do you see exploratory testing within a fully automated pipeline? - What experience and views could you share?
- What has been your experience of contributing to A/B testing? - Can you help Andrew with his A/B testing query?
- Analysis Tools to avoid the “Test Everything” Test Strategy - A conversation leads to a mention of Change-Driven Testing, Test Impact Analysis, and Test Gap Analysis.
- What are your thoughts on Qualifications & Training? - The debate continues.
TOP TIP: Stuck on any topic related to testing? You can search our content and discover a wealth of useful resources or perform a keyword search on The Club and discover so much useful information. Dig deeper to rediscover and reignite great conversations.
This newsletter is also supported by Testim!
Join Testim as we tap into the experience of test automation expert Priyanka Das Gupta to explain some common test automation challenges along with strategies to solve them. Register before Tuesday, August 10th.
Join Online Events
All of our upcoming events - including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions, Training Courses and 99 Minute Workshops.
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with Ran Tzur - 6pm UK Time - 25th August 2021 - Open to everyone
- Test.bash(); - 28th October 2021
Discover Useful Business Posts
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021!
- How Competitor Analysis Can Help Software Testers - Competitor analysis is an excellent way that testers can add more value to their teams.
- 3 Challenges to Overcome When Implementing Low-Code Development - Low-code is not a silver bullet and it can be challenging to implement it correctly.
- Prediction Magic - How do you make estimations and predictions for your software development projects?
- Shifting from Manual to Automated Testing - So what are the specific benefits of test automation, and how should your company make the migration.
Get Closer to the Community
- 3 Ways Technical Debt Can Actually Help Improve your Sprints - Technical debt is not pleasant, but it can provide many lessons in the way the team works.
- Product Mapping and Quality Insight - Could product maps give a team the first insights into what quality is going to look like?
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Tech - What are the lived experiences of individuals who seek to thrive in a variety of STEM careers?
- Avoiding Common Testing Pitfalls with Ramona Schwering - There are so many traps one can fall into when creating automated tests.