My Story of Kanban and Its Positive Impact on Testing - Conor Fitzgerald
18 months ago I joined a new company as a tester and was part of a new team that was forming. The decision to use Kanban had an enormous influence on how we tested as a team.
My personal story of testing with Kanban includes
- No split between development and testing - nothing was considered done until it was tested.
- Everyone became a tester.
- Supported a quality culture and test coaching
- "Quality gate" became kanban stages
- Production issues were prioritised over feature work.
- How we solved a serious bottleneck in our testing and how it improved overall quality.
- Kanban is more than a visual workflow management tool
- Kanban can support improved quality
- Makes everyone a tester
- Improves collaboration and communication