Stop Testing Tunnel Vision
We all know that heuristics are great but applying them to testing is a whole other thing. Software Testing Heuristics: Mind The Gap! article could help you integrate them into your daily testing.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestCover!
See how your pairwise design can specify inputs to verify classes of expected results. Verify boundaries between the output classes and the corners where the boundaries meet.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
Will you be taking on the 30 Days of Testing challenges? We have plenty of new content to boost your testing.
When you think about testing tools, do you think about the brain first? Mike talks to Maaike Brinkhof in our latest podcast all about biases and thinking errors we all have in our testing. 🤔
🎉 30 Days of Agile Testing is starting today! It's been redesigned to be even more interactive. Each day you’ll have a new challenge to complete, join us and share your progress with #30DaysOfTesting.
We've been focusing on Critical thinking a lot lately, it can be a bit overwhelming. So how can you actually change your thinking? Naveen Bhati has shared 5 steps to develop new thinking in our latest article. 🧠
We have a new competition thanks to Applitools - you have the chance to become a Pro Member for a year by answering a question! We'll pick the winner and get in touch.
👀 The recent Ask Me Anything on critical thinking with Fiona Charles was a real eye opener, the recording is now available for all of our members to watch.
Something we have all heard or said before "I Didn’t Know Testing Was a Thing". Diego Molina shares his testing journey, his love of open source and how he is now able to follow his passion. 💜
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Mabl!
Quality engineering is more than writing tests - learn the practices and tools needed to help you take a more strategic approach to quality. Find an event in your timezone.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
How do you stop testing tunnel vision? Is it something you've even experienced?
How do you define the roles and responsibilities of a senior tester? Do you have thoughts or activities you've done to define what a role entails across a depth and different teams?
🎤 Have you ever been interested in public speaking, but not sure where to start? Emna shares her experience and how she achieved her dream of being an international speaker.
What's your testing war story? From testers not being allowed to speak to developers, to working with bullies and dealing with the "perfect ratio", some interesting stories shared so far.
We can often get caught up in the hype of automation, Nicola reminds us of "The Importance of Exploratory Testing".
What test review processes do you have in place? Simon is toying with the idea of adding in a review process, what do you think?
Have you made the transition from Quality Assurance to Quality Assistance? Share your story
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Panel Discussions.
- Panel Discussion - Critical Thinking with Elizabeth Zagroba, Jitesh Gosai and Maaike Brinkhof - 8pm UK Time - 23rd March 2021
- Masterclass - Error: ‘Quality’ is Not Defined with Georgia Bloyce, sponsored by Applitools - 8 pm UK Time - 6th of April 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! with Vernon Richards and Dan Ashby - 3 days training - 12th - 14th April 2021 - 1 Super Early Bird Ticket Left
- 🆕 Testing Ask Me Anything: Exploratory Testing with Callum Akehurst-Ryan - 8 pm UK Time - 20th of April 2021
- Exploratory Testing Week - 26th - 30th April 2021
- Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021 - Super Early Bird Tickets now on sale
- TestBash Home 2021 is back on the 17th and 18th of June 2021!
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training with Mark Winteringham - 1 day training - 6th of July 2021
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
Failure can be a tricky thing in the workplace. It can be incredibly destructive if it's not properly dealt with. Learn how you can change the culture of the failed test.
Learn the key differences between Appium, Espresso and XCUITest test automation frameworks, as well as when and why you should use them in your own testing environment.
Starting the journey to automated testing is difficult to navigate. There are so many choices to make. This is a great article "Getting Started with Automated UI Testing – Picking the Tools" to help you get started.
Are you interested in trying mobile automation? Find out how you can add mobile automation to simulators.
99-Minute Workshops - March 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps - Join Lena Wiberg at 12 pm UK Time - 15th March
- RiskStorming Online - Join Beren Van Daele at 8 pm UK Time - 17th March
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - Join Ady Stokes at 12 pm UK Time - 22nd March
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC - Join Dan Ashby at 8 pm UK Time - 24th March
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - Join Dana Aonofriesei at 12 pm UK Time - 29th March
- Git Foundations - Join Simon Berner at 8 pm UK Time - 31st March