TestBash Home is Happening and Brand New 30 Days!
So last week I shared some wrong links and sadly Mailchimp had a meltdown and dropped a link. It was definitely a proper "Monday". So to make up for it, here is the podcast that actually went live last week:
Adam talked to Eldar Kravetsky and Marat Strelets. They focused on digging into TestProject's capability for mobile automation and the AI functionality it offers. It's an open-source tool, so definitely worth a listen.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Testim!
When your applications grow, so do your automation projects, adding tools, integrations, tests, and teammates. TestOps is a set of features designed to help managers and quality-oriented development teams efficiently and effectively scale their automation initiatives. Try Testim for free.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
We’ve very exciting events, a course is launching soon, a new podcast and plenty of content to get you thinking!
🎉 OK, you've likely seen this, but just in case, TestBash Home is coming back! Yes, you read that right. We are accepting talks now, so if you've an idea we all need to hear, get it submitted.
We all related to bloated automation that is less that effective. Aaron Flynn shares his experience of seriously trimming the automation to clean it up and make it useful in our latest article. 🧼
🤯 30 Days of Testing like you've never seen before, we've been spending time revamping it and making it even more interactive and easier for you to take part! It's going to start on the 15th March.
This podcast is actually live this week (I promise) - Carlos talks with Isabel Evans about Critical and Lateral Thinking and how different types of thinking are crucial to our roles as testers. 🎧
We have a new themed week coming too - Exploratory Testing themed week! We're slotting in the speakers and the challenges are going to be announced very soon, find out what's coming. 🔎
Maaike Brinkhoff's course is going live this week! Learn how to recognise cognitive biases, what they are and use them to your advantage in your testing. 💪
👥 The conversations around Shifting Left or Right are always ongoing. Our Bucks Meetup recently had a panel with Lisa Crispin, Russell Craxford and Parveen Khan answering questions and generating discussions on this topic. You can watch the recording.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Wynter!
Wynter is looking for tech professionals and software developers to join its research panel. Give feedback to digital products and landing pages, get paid $90-$180/hr. A survey takes 10-15 min, super low-key commitment.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
🧠 When it comes to interviewing new testers for your team, do you consider how accessible they are for neurodivergent people? From questions to first impressions, there's a lot to consider. This is a great write up from Simon.
Learning never ends, it may seem daunting and exciting all at once. Bob shares their struggles with learning to code, it might inspire you to make a start.
👂 Rachel Kibler and Chris Kenst join Matthew Heusser and Michael Larsen in this podcast to discuss where testing and quality interact and make a case as to which is more important and at which point in time.
How are you challenging things? Have you got any resources or ideas to share for how people could challenge things for International Women's Day?
In a DevOps World, Who Owns E2E Testing? Some dev teams don’t have dedicated testers, the whole team tests. With such cross functional teams, who actually owns the testing? 🤷♀️
API testing - How to test timeouts and exceptions? Could you offer insights into how to simulate the conditions which would cause http 5xx to be returned for example?
🤔 Have you ever wondered about the performance of different location strategies with Selenium WebDriver? Sergio has run some tests to compare performance.
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Panel Discussions.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Critical Thinking with Fiona Charles - 8 pm UK Time - 9th March 2021
- Panel Discussion - Critical Thinking with Elizabeth Zagroba, Jitesh Gosai and Maaike Brinkhof - 8pm UK Time - 23rd March 2021
- 🆕 Masterclass - Error: ‘Quality’ is Not Defined with Georgia Bloyce, sponsored by Applitools - 8 pm UK Time - 6th of April 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! with Vernon Richards and Dan Ashby - 3 days training - 12th - 14th April 2021
- Exploratory Testing Week - 26th - 30th April 2021
- 🆕 Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021 - Super Early Bird Tickets now on sale
- 🆕 TestBash Home 2021 is back on the 17th and 18th of June 2021!
- 🆕 Testing Web Services and APIs Training with Mark Winteringham - 1 day training - 6th of July 2021
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
Are you familiar with how you can set up Cypress, Applitools and your Github actions? Maybe there's room for improvement, this post could help improve your automation setup.
This was an interesting read about the gamification of Continuous Testing in DevOps. Could this approach help you?
Do you want some guidance on automating your APIs? This post could help you.
99-Minute Workshops - March 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester's Mindset - Join Janet Gregory at 12 pm UK Time - 8th March
- Property-based Testing in Java - Join Mike Solomon at 6 pm UK Time - 10th March
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps - Join Lena Wiberg at 12 pm UK Time - 15th March
- RiskStorming Online - Join Beren Van Daele at 8 pm UK Time - 17th March
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - Join Ady Stokes at 12 pm UK Time - 22nd March
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC - Join Dan Ashby at 8 pm UK Time - 24th March
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - Join Dana Aonofriesei at 12 pm UK Time - 29th March
- Git Foundations - Join Simon Berner at 8 pm UK Time - 31st March