Testers' Island Discs Ep24 - Kim Knup
We continue our run of interviews with upcoming TestBash speakers by chatting to Brighton-based Kim Knup, who will be presenting at TestBash San Francisco about the challenges of testing voice-activated devices, as well as being Lead Designer for next year's TestBash Brighton.
Along the way, we also talk about Kim's involvement in the many facets of Brighton's testing scene, and her passion for usability. There's music from Germany, the UK and USA (including two of Neil's favourite karaoke tracks), and if you've got an Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri-compatible device, you might want to mute it for the second half of this episode.
If you'd like to learn more from Kim, you can catch up with her on Twitter @Punkmik!
- Meetup.com: Ministry of Testing - Brighton
- Software Testing Clinic
- TestBash San Francisco 2018
- TestBash Brighton 2019
- YouTube: Die Ärzte - Rebell
- Photos from the first Brighton test meetup four years ago
- Nielsen Norman Group (Jakob Nielsen)
- Steve Krug's website/books
- Amazon Developer Console
- Amazon: Alexa Skills Kit
- Apple: SiriKit documentation
- Amazon: Test Your Skill (emulator)
- EchoSim: Alexa Skill Testing Tool (emulator)
- 9to5Mac: iOS 12: Creating custom Siri Shortcuts
- Google Developers: Build your own Google Actions
- Ministry of Testing Brighton Meetup, May 2018 (Alexa Testing)