Tips To Make Your Testing Better
We're at the start of Exploratory Testing week and you can expect lots of information from experts but what do you do with all this new knowledge? How can you implement what you've learnt? Dan Barrow wrote this great article on keeping the momentum going - perfect to help you implement the change you need.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestProject!
How many times did you develop automation modules for common testing scenarios? Comparing images, clicking on elements only if visible, generating random data... 🤯 Now you can search for any action you need for testing from a ready-to-use Addons library of 1,500+ actions contributed by the community.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
New Testers' Island Discs episode with Lee Hawkins, they discuss exploratory testing: Do we all understand what it is? Do we all do it? How do we estimate how long it will take? And how do we showcase the results of these activities?
We're planning our articles and podcasts for July and we're giving you the opportunity to have your say. All you have to do is pick the topic you're most interested in!
Richard Bradshaw and Mark Winteringham are giving a practical six-week-long automation cohort driven training course this June. You've the opportunity to get you or your team Super Early Bird tickets!
Thankfully Usability is gaining more momentum, however, knowing how to carry out usability testing and how to deal with the results can be confusing. We've a guide for that thanks to Laveena Ramchandani!
Callum Akehurst-Ryan was incredibly prepared for our Ask Me Anything on Exploratory Testing, he had slides at the ready. Incredibly useful insights were shared and you can now watch the recording.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Subject 7!
Join Matt Heusser, Lisa Crispin, Janet Gregory, and Johanna Rothman to hear what the industry has learned about the testing pyramid and what comes next. Hosted by Subject7. May 27 @ 10a US EDT. Limited seats. Register Today.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
What’s your favourite status code for an API to return? Teapots, cats, dogs and missing Pepsi are just some of the favourites shared so far. 🙀
Nicola is looking for some practise testing sites to share with students. Got any to add to the list? 📝
How do you support and look after your team? Simon has some ideas but knows he hasn't got it perfect so is looking for your input. 💪
Eric is wondering how granular should assertions be in automated user journey tests? Got any thoughts to share? 🤔
🎧 Matthew Heusser and Michael Larsen welcome Gwen Iarussi and Lalitkumar Bhamare to talk about the differences in test management of previous decades vs. today's needs and requirements in The Testing Show podcast.
Do you use charters for exploratory testing? Mirza wants to know what format do you use? 🗺
Facebook has managed to do the seemingly impossible - and had a data breach about its handling of a data breach. The Smashing Security podcast covers this and a whole lot more in the recent episode.
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Discussions.
- Exploratory Testing Week - 26th - 30th April 2021 - Go Pro Or Get a Ticket to Join us! 🎉
- Discussion: Security Testing with Saskia Coplans, Anne Oikarinen & James Bore - 8pm UK Time - 4th May 2021
- Masterclass: Succeed As a New Manager with Maryam Umar - 8pm UK Time - 18th May 2021
- Exploring Non-Functional Testing Training with Jenna Charlton, 2-Days - 20th - 21st May - Tickets now available
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Testing Essentials with Dan Ashby - 8pm UK Time - 1st June 2021
- Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th of June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th of July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
Plugins are always handy in making our testing more efficient. Here are 8 plugins that might just make your testing life easier.
You don’t just jump into CI. A proper testing strategy is needed to ensure you’re able to realize the benefits of CI - this article from Angie will give you some guidance.
Have you delved much into Cloud based testing? Maybe it's something that could help with your testing. This building blocks article could help you adopt it.
Without customers, there is no business. So how can you become a customer focused tester?
99-Minute Workshops - April - May 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Automated Visual Testing - Join Angie Jones - 4 pm UK Time - 28th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- Git Foundations - With Simon Berner - 12pm UK Time - 3rd May 2021
- What Is Testing in Production and Why Would We Ever Do That?! - With Abby Bangser - 8pm UK Time - 5th May 2021
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - With Ady Stokes - 12pm UK Time - 10th May 2021
- An Introduction to Web UI Automation - With Mark Winteringham - 8pm UK Time - 12th May 2021
- Understanding Testability - With Richard Bradshaw - 12pm - 17th May 2021
- Uncovering the Power of Browser DevTools - With Butch Mayhew - 8pm UK Time - 19th May 2021
- Exploring Quality - With Dan Ashby - 12pm UK Time - 24th May 2021
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - With Dana Aonofriesei - 8pm UK Time - 26th May 2021
- Automating Hybrid Applications with Appium - With Wim Selles - 3pm UK Time - 28th May 2021 - Open to everyone to attend
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - With Huib Schoots - 12pm UK Time - 31st May 2021