Weekly Newsletter: A Kickstart in REST API Testing
This newsletter is kindly supported by Xray!
Learn how to prep for continuous testing, add security to DevOps and adopt agile as a team sport.
Testing and the Community
- Pro Membership is now Monthly - You can pay for your Pro MoT membership on a monthly basis! Expect more exciting changes to come.
- Better Conversations at Work: Be Gentle, Be Direct - Jakub Petrykowski - Jakub will share a few tips on how to be better at handling tough conversations and still getting your message across.
- A Kickstart in REST API Testing - Get a clear understanding of what a REST API is and how it can be used in our TestBash Netherlands workshop. Make your work less repetitive, more interesting and fun!
- What are quality coaches? - Ask Sahar in our next Testing Ask Me Anything, along with any other questions you might have on Quality Coaching.
- Manual Cross browser testing - I want to manually drive many browsers by clicking buttons and performing other actions in just one browser. Do you know of a tool that can do this?
- What do you put in your exploratory testing charters? - What do you put into your charters? Can you give an example of a charter that you’d use for something a bit more complex than a landing page?
- Building a QA team - Part 2 - How do you set the conditions for success?
- Let's Do A Demo - Adding a focus on demonstration can add so much to your testing.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Quality Coaching - 8pm UK Time - 14th July 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16h October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
- Containerization Recipe - Create a simple http server with nodeJS and docker - The title says it all. Good information to get to grips with containerization.
- How to highlight elements in use with Selenium WebDriver? - This could be useful if you take screenshots when a test fails.
- Test Automation VS Process Automation - Do you understand the differences between test automation and robotic processes?
Message from sponsor Make It Right
Get free Early Access to PowerFarm, a cloud based serverless Test Automation platform launching in October
MakeItRight.ai is researching the most valuable features for a test automation teams. Get 1 year free use of our new Serverless Cloud based Test Automation platform by agreeing to some UX interviews and surveys.
- Announcing Breakpoint, a virtual summit on everything testing - Breakpoint 2020 is a 4-day virtual summit on everything testing. Meet the speaker Benjamin.
- June 2020 Updates - PractiTest product updates for the past month.
- Reasons for your unreliable mobile Tests - Avoiding these pitfalls should help you make your mobile Testing a success story.
- Scripted User Flow Testing vs. End-To-End Testing for Accessibility - How can you test for accessibility defects while you code?
- Empowerment to the People! What You Need to Know about Black People, Disability, and Accessibility - While many of us have heard that accessibility is important, we seldom hear about how to implement it in our everyday work.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- The Guilty Tester - Episode 17 - Works For Me - Do you ever feel guilty for not meeting the standards set by others in the Software Testing community, or even the standards you are setting for yourself?
- AB Testing – Episode 123: Sue Loh’s Evil Plan to Save the World - Sue has a lengthy history of finding and fixing nasty performance issues across a lot of different operating systems at Microsoft.
- Episode 776 - iOS 14 New Privacy Features Exposes TikTok Behavior - This episode talks about what behavior TikTok was exposed to be doing.
- The Testing Show: The Secret Weapon of QA Modernization - It's tempting to think that, in an area like Software Testing, "it's all been done" in some ways or another.
- Crooks abuse Google Analytics to conceal theft of payment card data - Ecommerce site’s “blind trust” makes the service a perfect place to dump data.
- Twitter apologises for business data breach - Personal information may have been compromised.
- Web skimmer hides within EXIF metadata, exfiltrates credit cards via image files - They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Webinar "Testing Isn't a 9 to 5 Job: Broadening Your Testing Skills"- Mike Lyles - Online, Uruguay
- Movie Night - Learning About Observability - Katrina Clokie - Online, Auckland
- Job Hunting During a Pandemic - Online, Boston
- Regular Expression Tutorial - Online, Brisbane
- Mobile Performance Testing - Online, New York City
- An introduction to WireMock - Online, Sheffield
- Introduction to Katalon Studio: A Beginner's Kit impartido por Laura G - Online, Costa Rica
- Building a Test Framework in Python from scratch - Online, Accra
- Lunchtime TestSphere Discussion - Online, Buckinghamshire