Weekly Newsletter: API Testing in Java
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestIm.io!
Come hear Aaron Greenwald on Wednesday, April 22nd at 9am PST, discuss how their group at Microsoft worked to change a fast-moving development team that doesn't have time to test into a faster-moving development team that doesn't have time not to.
Testing and the Community
- The MoTrix: Leading Communities of Practice with Drew Pontikis - Anywhere that a group of people with shared ideas and interests can come together and grow together has the potential to become a successful Community of Practice.
- API Testing in Java with Mark Winteringham - Mark did a live stream sharing lots of knowledge.
- 30 Days of Quality - Maybe it's time to engage with the 30 days of testing, use it to guide your learning for the next 30 days.
- The MoTrix Reloaded - The future tech, and what it means for testing with Leigh Rathbone - our next online meetup on Wednesday 1st April at 8pm UK Time.
- Ministry of Testing Colouring Challenge - Because we all love a wee bit of colouring.
- Observation vs Interrogation - Bringing Interrogation closer to Observation can help detect issues during a process.
- The Simplified Guide to API Testing - Want to get started with API testing?
- Keep calm and remain productive - How are you dealing with things?
- One Eight Fraction of a Tester - How do you model your team's testing?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Strategies - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 31st March 2020
- Masterclass: Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance: How to Effectively Deliver Unbelievable Test Results - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 14th April 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 26th June 2020
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 15th - 16th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- Writing Impactful Accessibility Reports - Taking a different approach to this topic.
- Quick Tip: How to Convert Image Text to Text - Quick Tip: How to Convert Image Text to Text
- Accessible Remote Documents - Writing Tips for Remote Workers.
- Best Practices on How to Create a Fully Accessible Website - It's a given that we all want to have as many site visitors to our website as possible.
- 7 habits to get into an accessible mindset - In times of crisis like the one we're facing now it's more important than ever to make our applications as accessible as possible.
- New open source workshop: writing tests for REST APIs in Python with requests - Bas has released the first version of a brand new open source workshop.
- Find the Button Sometimes in the Room - What to do when a popup interrupts your automation.
- How to create your own basic Node Lighthouse audit service inside a Docker container - Some useful info on getting set up.
- Browser unaware Selenium tests. STEP 2: Creating the browser initialization methods for Chrome and Firefox - This is the second post of the ‘browser unaware Selenium tests’ series.
- How to run Robot Framework from command line? - This post aims to provide a quick introduction for executing single, set or all Robot Framework test cases in a project.
- The Time Is Now for Digital Confidence - Sauce Labs has a number of resources that can help any organization that is searching for ways to create digital confidence.
- 5 tips when working with distributed testing teams - Today, more than ever, our abilities to work remotely are being tested.
- Presenting: New and Improved Python Samples for Sauce Labs - Like many things in life, the toughest part of a test automation project can be getting started.
- Open source spotlight: Scrollify with Luke Haas - Luke is the creator of Scrollify, a tool that allows developers to customize scrolling experiences on their websites.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- ABT 343 – Melissa Pohlman - Melissa has thoughts for testers, advice for managers, and stories about a whole lot more.
- Episode 708 - VPN Use On The Rise, Why You Should Use One Too - This episode talks about why you should use one and the benefits you get from them.
- 171: WhatsApp hoaxes, Zoombombs, and 8-bit love - Blackmailers are threatening to infect your family with Coronavirus, trolls are making Zoom an unsafe place for those of a sensitive disposition, and what is the mysterious Dr Negrin audio message spreading on WhatsApp?
- Episode 711 - Tools, Tips and Tricks - Cybersecurity Activity Book For Kids - This episode talks about a cybersecurity activity book for kids and how you could use it to spur conversations about your work and some safety tips as they are online.
- Free Netflix pass because of Coronavirus? It’s a scam - Scammers taking advantage of people during the various lockdowns across the world, there's no Netflix free passes on offer.
- Default exploited by ‘Zoom bombers’ could by used by cybercrooks - Check your default settings on Zoom.
- Social Bluebook was hacked, exposing 217,000 influencers’ accounts - A social media platform used to match advertisers with thousands of influencers has been hacked.
- Hackers are messing with routers' DNS settings as telework surges around the world - Personal Wi-Fi routers have long been a cybersecurity weak point.