Weekly Newsletter: Community of practice in the wider testing community
This newsletter is kindly supported by Experitest!
Create & run Appium, Selenium, XCUITest & Espresso tests against 2,000+ real mobile devices & web browsers. Use the SeeTest continuous testing Platform to accelerate your release cycles while delivering high-quality digital applications to market.
Testing and the Community
- Testers' Island Discs Ep34 - Stu Johnson - Mark and Stu discuss leading a culture of learning and building a community of practice both inside his community and in the wider testing community.
- The MoTrix Revolutions: Filling your self care backpack with Gem Hill - We all need to look after our mind as much as we need to look after our body.
- Changes to Test Auto. due to COVID/Economy - How is COVID/economic downturn impacting your software quality teams?
- Arabic Ask Me Anything - Performance/Security Testing with Mohamed Tarek - Our first Arabic online meetup.
- Testing Third Party APIs - You need to think carefully about what kind of testing it makes sense to do for the given context you are in.
- Thoughts: Performance testing types - Kim shares the types of performance tests she has experienced and used in the past.
- AI model staleness – A Tester perspective - What is it and how can you solve it?
Upcoming MoT Events
- TestBash Home - 30th April 8pm UK Time - 1st May 9pm UK Time
- Testing Ask Me Anything - API Testing - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 12th May
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 15th - 16th October 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 30th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- Debugging for Testers - Good info to help you get started with both debugging your code and investigating someone else's bugs!
- Using Insomnia for API exploration - Have you tried Insomnia?
- How to select dates from date pickers - Here is the recipe for automating the task of selecting a date from a Date Picker component.
- React-ifying the BrowserStack Front-end - Codebases have life spans, and clearly, it was time for BrowserStack to take stock of theirs.
- Exploratory Testing Essentials with Maaret Pyhäjärvi - Going back to its roots as skilled multidisciplinary testing including programming as a tool.
- Is Test Driven Development (TDD) Still Relevant? - Maybe TDD isn't dead -- it's just due for a much-needed face lift!
- The 2020 State of Testing Report is out! - What is different about this year’s report?
- Dealing with Dependencies in Your Testing and Automation Efforts - Identify challenges caused by dependencies in your testing and test automation efforts and pointers to solutions to solve them.
- COVID-19, Digital Transformation & Accessibility - We can all agree that COVID-19 is accelerating digital transformation in many organizations, knocking through long-standing resistance and silos.
- Accessibility Maze - The Accessibility Maze was created to help those new to web accessibility experience firsthand what it is like to encounter those barriers.
- Blind Users Struggle with State Corona virus Websites - A Markup survey finds that many state webpages have serious accessibility issues.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Appium 2.0 and Headspin University with Jonathan Lipps - He'll share his vision, technical possibilities, and changes you need to know about for Appium 2.0.
- Episode 727 - New Sophisticated Phishing Campaign Targeting GitHub - Microsoft owned GitHub has sent out a warning about a new sophisticated phishing campaign.
- AB Testing – Episode 119: Retrospectives - They do talk about working through Covid-19, but they spent most of our time talking about retrospectives.
- Tips for Talking at Online Conferences - More and more conferences are going online. Speakers will have to adapt.
- 175: Zoom deepfakes, Zardoz, and 'Rona tracing - Will deepfake disguises hit a video conference near you, can Coronavirus-tracing apps be trusted, and should Facebook shut down anti-quarantine events?
- ABT 343 – Melissa Eaden - Melissa is in the hot seat this week to talk about management, leadership, modern testing, and more.
- #SecurityStories: Threat Modeling - What is threat modelling and how does it work?
- Microsoft April 2020 Patch Tuesday fixes 3 zero-days, 15 critical flaws - Microsoft has released fixes for 113 vulnerabilities in Microsoft products.
- Discovering Fake Browser Extensions That Target Users of Ledger, Trezor, MEW, Metamask, and More - Using a familiar phishing method to target new brands.
- It's a great time to tackle core IT upgrades - And to catch up with all those security patches too.
- Nintendo says 160,000 users impacted in recent account hacks - Nintendo disconnects NNID legacy login system from main Nintendo profiles after massive account hijacking campaign.
- Webinar: Exploring the world of Mobile Testing Types - Online, Costa Rica
- Webinar: Practical Application of The Modern Testing Principles - Melissa Eaden - Online, Uruguay
- Movie Night - A Tale of Testability - Rob Meaney - Online, Auckland
- Observations on the Tester and Developer Relationship - With Richard Bradshaw - Online, Edinburgh