Weekly Newsletter: Crowd testing providers, should you use them?
We've a line up of talks and workshops that will help you progress your testing career, plus you'll get to spend time with the awesome testing community in a safe, friendly environment. Win all round. See you there?
Testing and the Community
- Crowd Testing Providers - How do they work and should you use them?
- Brighton Call For Papers ending - It's ending on the 2nd August! Get your idea submitted.
- Power Hour - Personas - Cassandra is here to answer all your questions on Personas!
- When to Say No to Automation - Join us at TestBash Germany to discover if automation is the best answer to your test problems
- What’s your biggest learning blocker? - I’d love to know what your particular blockers are too.
- What are you favourite software testing tools? - Aren’t all software testers always looking for useful and new tools?
- Finding the Four Month Bug: A debugging story - figuring out a bug is so satisfying.
- The Wellspring of Quality - Why debugging conversations and testing ideas is the ultimate quality approach - Good tp have these discussions early on.
- Continuous Testing in DevOps: A gamification approach - great to see the positive outcome of this experiment.
- Testing With Non-Relational Databases - Looking at non-relational databases, describe how they are different from relational databases, and discuss how to query them in your testing.
- Unbloating the UI automation - Is UI automation overused?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Exploratory Testing: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them? - Alexandra Schladebeck - 16th July 2019, 8pm UK Time
- Power Hour on Personas - 24th July 2109, 7pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- Maybe You Don’t Need a Date Picker - What we know is that native and custom calendar controls are often a problem for users and applied where they are not needed.
- How to identify a Toxic Accessibility Culture, and what you can do about it - some useful information.
- An Intro To Screen Reader Testing for Sighted Developers - This quick guide will give you an introduction to the why and how of testing your website's user experience using screen readers.
- Assumptions: How to Track Them in the UX Design Process - How can we best use and track assumptions as we go through design iterations?
- Using VoiceOver to Evaluate Web Accessibility - Using VoiceOver to Evaluate Web Accessibility.
- AI in Testing: The Future is Here >- AI is already impacting our lives, how will it impact testing?
- How to Setup Selenium Grid For Parallel Execution In Different Browsers - Some handy information.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Leading Quality - Talking to Ronald Cummings-John about how we can all help to change the quality narrative in organisations.
- 260: Python Test Automation with Andrew Knight - Andrew Knight shares the reason why he loves Python, as well as tips on how you can get started using it for all your test automation efforts.
- #21: Deep Dev Dive - Talking about the process of developing accessible apps.
- 136: Oops, we created Iran's hacking exploit -Zoom video conferencing app hijacked, scammers are deepfaking audio to steal from businesses and Iranian cyberattack against US organisations.
- Episode 533 - IoT Strikes Again - Turns Out Amazon Is Keep Your Recordings Forever - Amazon Echo devices record your voice and creates transcripts on what you said.
- Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder - Screen Capture full Web page or any part. Edit screenshots. Record screencasts - record video from your screen.
- Full Page Screen Capture - Capture a screenshot of your current page in entirety and reliably—without requesting any extra permissions
- InfluxData - Real-time visibility into stacks, sensors and systems
- Zoom Zero Day: 4+ Million Webcams & maybe an RCE? Just get them to visit your website! - A vulnerability in the Mac Zoom Client allows any malicious website to enable your camera without your permission.
- Backdoor found in Ruby library for checking for strong passwords - security practices have uncovered a backdoor in a popular Ruby library for checking the password strength of user-chosen passwords.
- Microsoft admitted to private Linux developer security list - as recognition of their contributions to Linux and security.
- Mozilla Blocks DarkMatter From Becoming a Trusted CA in Firefox - their certificates could be used for malicious purpose.
- Finland brings cybersecurity to the fore as EU presidency commences - Hybrid security exercises planned to counter threats
- Lightning Talk Night - Columbus
- July Meetup - Cleveland
- YOW! Night - Modern Testing: Testing the hard stuff - Brisbane
- AI for Ordinary Folk, Biosignal Processing, & Lightning Talks - North West Techn Talks
- July #MidsTest with Louise Gibbs - Birmingham
- MoT Berlin #17 @ OneFootball - Berlin
- The First One - Fareham
Join us for a special TestBash-by-the-sea! You could start with one of our 3 days courses, then move on to our sell-out workshop day and finish with the single-track conference day. Pick ‘n’ mix your tickets now.
Agile Testing for the Whole Team 3 Day Course
Join the legendary Janet Gregory to understand how you can bring real-world collaborative, agile testing to your team on our 3-day training course. Book your place.
Software Testing Essentials 3 Day Course
The perfect alternative to a foundation level software testing certification. This is a three-day deep dive into the essentials every tester should be aware of when it comes to creating quality software. Book your place!