Weekly Newsletter: Crowd testing providers, should you use them?
We've a line up of talks and workshops that will help you progress your testing career, plus you'll get to spend time with the awesome testing community in a safe, friendly environment. Win all round. See you there?
Testing and the Community
- Crowd Testing Providers - How do they work and should you use them?
- Brighton Call For Papers ending - It's ending on the 2nd August! Get your idea submitted.
- Power Hour - Personas - Cassandra is here to answer all your questions on Personas!
- When to Say No to Automation - Join us at TestBash Germany to discover if automation is the best answer to your test problems
- What’s your biggest learning blocker? - I’d love to know what your particular blockers are too.
- What are you favourite software testing tools? - Aren’t all software testers always looking for useful and new tools?
- Finding the Four Month Bug: A debugging story - figuring out a bug is so satisfying.
- The Wellspring of Quality - Why debugging conversations and testing ideas is the ultimate quality approach - Good tp have these discussions early on.
- Continuous Testing in DevOps: A gamification approach - great to see the positive outcome of this experiment.
- Testing With Non-Relational Databases - Looking at non-relational databases, describe how they are different from relational databases, and discuss how to query them in your testing.
- Unbloating the UI automation - Is UI automation overused?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Exploratory Testing: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them? - Alexandra Schladebeck - 16th July 2019, 8pm UK Time
- Power Hour on Personas - 24th July 2109, 7pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- Maybe You Don’t Need a Date Picker - What we know is that native and custom calendar controls are often a problem for users and applied where they are not needed.
- How to identify a Toxic Accessibility Culture, and what you can do about it - some useful information.
- An Intro To Screen Reader Testing for Sighted Developers - This quick guide will give you an introduction to the why and how of testing your website's user experience using screen readers.
- Assumptions: How to Track Them in the UX Design Process - How can we best use and track assumptions as we go through design iterations?
- Using VoiceOver to Evaluate Web Accessibility - Using VoiceOver to Evaluate Web Accessibility.
- AI in Testing: The Future is Here >- AI is already impacting our lives, how will it impact testing?
- How to Setup Selenium Grid For Parallel Execution In Different Browsers - Some handy information.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Leading Quality - Talking to Ronald Cummings-John about how we can all help to change the quality narrative in organisations.
- 260: Python Test Automation with Andrew Knight - Andrew Knight shares the reason why he loves Python, as well as tips on how you can get started using it for all your test automation efforts.
- #21: Deep Dev Dive - Talking about the process of developing accessible apps.
- 136: Oops, we created Iran's hacking exploit -Zoom video conferencing app hijacked, scammers are deepfaking audio to steal from businesses and Iranian cyberattack against US organisations.
- Episode 533 - IoT Strikes Again - Turns Out Amazon Is Keep Your Recordings Forever - Amazon Echo devices record your voice and creates transcripts on what you said.
- Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder - Screen Capture full Web page or any part. Edit screenshots. Record screencasts - record video from your screen.
- Full Page Screen Capture - Capture a screenshot of your current page in entirety and reliably—without requesting any extra permissions
- InfluxData - Real-time visibility into stacks, sensors and systems
- Zoom Zero Day: 4+ Million Webcams & maybe an RCE? Just get them to visit your website! - A vulnerability in the Mac Zoom Client allows any malicious website to enable your camera without your permission.
- Backdoor found in Ruby library for checking for strong passwords - security practices have uncovered a backdoor in a popular Ruby library for checking the password strength of user-chosen passwords.
- Microsoft admitted to private Linux developer security list - as recognition of their contributions to Linux and security.
- Mozilla Blocks DarkMatter From Becoming a Trusted CA in Firefox - their certificates could be used for malicious purpose.
- Finland brings cybersecurity to the fore as EU presidency commences - Hybrid security exercises planned to counter threats
- Lightning Talk Night - Columbus
- July Meetup - Cleveland
- YOW! Night - Modern Testing: Testing the hard stuff - Brisbane
- AI for Ordinary Folk, Biosignal Processing, & Lightning Talks - North West Techn Talks
- July #MidsTest with Louise Gibbs - Birmingham
- MoT Berlin #17 @ OneFootball - Berlin
- The First One - Fareham
TestBash Manchester 2019
Whoa! Hold the door, TestBash Manchester is back? That's right, the TestBash of North is back and this year is going to be amazing! Take a look at that lineup and book tickets now.
TestBash San Francisco 2019
Get your tickets now to be part of TestBash San Francisco 2019! The lineup is awesome, the venue has views for days, and the community vibe is unmatched! See you there?