Weekly Newsletter: Do More, Be More - Community Coaching Now Available
This newsletter is kindly supported by Tonic!
Data anonymization is a chore that often comes at the cost of data utility. But it doesn’t have to be. Tonic makes it easy to generate high-quality data that looks/feels like your production data. Streamline workflows and iterate faster with better test data.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Maximise Your Potential With MoT’s Community Coaching - We're now offering you the chance to book one-to-one time with experienced software testers and coaches. Find out more about cost and who's involved.
- TestBash Netherlands Online is Now Part of Pro - Your TestBash Netherlands Online 2020 ticket is just a click away.
- Testbash Manchester 2020: The Online Reboot With New Star-Studded Cast - We have a full week of talks and events planned!
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Automation - Marie Drake will join us in September to help you get a better understanding of Automation.
- Testing without requirements? - With the benefit of hindsight that many of us now have, what would you say to someone in this situation?
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Quality Coaching - Sahar shared her experience and answered lots of your questions, you can now watch the recording.
- Browser based apps cheat sheet - Do you have ideas for people new to browser apps that could help?
Community News & Podcasts
- Using Taurus for Performance Testing - Have you tried Taurus?
- Dealing with Rejection in Teams - Rejection is a skill, there are quite a few ways to deal with it.
- Searchiiiiiing, Seek And Locate…But Only With Appropriate Attributes for Automation - It’s much less work to seek for something that’s easy to find.
- Starting a new job in the pandemic - Something a lot of us have had to face or will soon be facing.
- Episode 790 - Thousands of F5 Big-IP Devices Still Unpatched From Level 10 Vulnerability - Two weeks later and only 500 of the 8,000 found have been patched.
- The Testing Show: Career Development in the Time of COVID - Smita Mishra and Anna Royzman join Matt Heusser and Michael Larsen to talk about ways that conferences and other providers of learning opportunities are creating meaningful learning opportunities.
99-Minute Workshops - August
- Git Foundations - 12pm UK Time - 3rd August 2020
- Understanding Testability - 1pm New York, US Time - 5th August 2020
- An introduction to Web UI automation - 12pm New Zealand Time - 7th August 2020
- What is testing in production and why would we ever do that?! - 12pm UK Time - 10th August 2020
- Approval Testing - 1pm New York, US Time - 12th August 2020
- Introduction to creating test strategies - 12pm New Zealand Time - 14th August 2020
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - 12pm UK Time - 17th August 2020
- API testing in Python with requests - 1pm New York, US Time - 19th August 2020
- There's no U in Coach - 12pm UK Time - 24th August 2020
- Exploring Quality - 1pm New York, US Time - 26th August 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Are Proxy Servers Slow? - Let’s dig into two different reasons websites can load slowly for users and how proxy servers might impact.
- How TCS scaled test automation with Xray and Boozang - Interesting to read how Xray is included in the implementation.
- Creating Mobile Appium Tests with TestProject Python SDK - As of version 0.63.13, the Python SDK can also be used with your Appium-based tests.
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Min Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Masterclass: Reporting on Testing & Quality - 8pm UK Time - 11th August 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Automation - 8pm UK Time - 8th September 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- 10 Easy Website Accessibility Quick Tips and Recommendations - While you may not have the ability to tackle all of these overnight, there are some quick wins that will have a positive impact on the overall accessibility of your website.
- Testing on the Toilet: Don’t Mock Types You Don’t Own - It can make maintenance more difficult.
- 5 Root Cause Analysis Tools For Better Testing & QA - Useful to help you look beyond a few symptoms.
- A vigilante is sabotaging the Emotet botnet by replacing malware payloads with GIFs - Admins are wrestling with a vigilante for control over parts of their infrastructure.
- Garmin smartwatch users cannot get hands on data - Employees have claimed on social media that the firm is the victim of a ransomware attack, but this has not been confirmed.
- Webinar: Introducción a Appium, Cómo iniciar un nuevo proyecto en Appium? - Online, Costa Rica
- Topic: TDD/BDD what are these-An introduction - Online, Cincinnati