Weekly Newsletter: How often should you perform security testing?
We've put together a software testing conference that focuses on the more technical aspects of software testing. Whether you're new to testing or been at it a while, Test.bash(); will undoubtedly help you broaden your knowledge on automation and technical testing. Early bird ticket sales end on 19th July 2019.
Testing and the Community
- Power Hour - Testability - Nicola Owen and Ash Winter are here to answer all your questions on Testability. Get your questions in before 7pm GMT on the 11th July!
- Exploratory Testing: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them? - Our next Masterclass will help you understand how you knew what to test and why.
- Testers' Island Discs Ep26 - Nancy Kelln - Nancy sharing how she got into consultancy work as well as pros and cons around forging your own path and helping others.
- Testing With Relational Databases - Do you know how to query your databases?
- Automating BDD Scenarios using SpecFlow (London Tester Gathering Workshop 2019) - Great insight to the workshop as well as BDD Scenarios.
- Should Testers Own Quality? - Time to address some thinking.
- Non-Working Groups - Interesting thoughts on organising groups.
- How Would You Test This Light Panel? - seriously, it's a bit of a puzzle.
- How often should you perform security testing? - are you doing it as part of regression, what tools do you use, and are they automated?
- Testing with Cypress – Custom logging of errors and JUnit results - Description of the custom error logger and also custom JUnit XML file creator.
- Debugging Failing Tests and Closed Browsers - This is a very simple tip, but one that might save people a lot of frustration.
- Mistakes – The Dreaded Tech Test - Some great advice for those technical interview tests.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Power Hour - Testability - 11th July - Get your questions in before 7pm UK Time
- Masterclass: Exploratory Testing: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them? - Alexandra Schladebeck - 16th July 2019, 8pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- If You Don’t Make Your Content Accessible, You’re Leaving Me Out - Imagine being left out of millions of conversations all across the internet. This is what happens to blind and low vision people when content on social media isn’t described.
- Interactive Map Accessibility Principles - Online maps are inaccessible to vision impaired people so a textual alternative (long description) must always be provided.
- Captcha wide review draft published - Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Working Group, with the assistance of its Research Questions Task Force (RQTF), has published another draft update to the W3C Note “Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA”.
- How accessibility trees inform assistive tech - The web is accessible by default.
- How to Test the Accessibility of Your Mobile Websites and Apps - AccessibilityOz’s CEO Gian Wild takes you through the processes and methodologies involved in testing mobile websites and apps.
- How to Improve Your ROI with Geofencing Marketing - Let’s take a look at geofencing marketing technology, how you can use it and some testing strategies.
- 10 Mobile testing types and approaches - Good basic info to help get you started in mobile testing.
- Quick Tips To Improve Your Selenium Testing With Python - some quick tips to help your testing run as smooth as possible with Selenium and Python.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- From Python script to Maintainable Package - This episode is a story about packaging, and flit, tox, pytest, and coverage. And an alternate solution to "using the src".
- 259: New Way To Learn Test Automation with Angie Jones - Are you trying to find a way to learn test automation? Or maybe you want to refresh or enhance what you already know.
- AB Testing – Episode 104: Leading Quality - We are joined by the author of Leading Quality, Ron Cummings-John to talk about his upcoming book.
- Ep 29 Ryan Stinson: Security Shaped from Different Lenses - Ryan has a wealth of experience in different fields that have helped shape his testing.
- Episode 528 - Things To Think About Before Using A Password Manager - just a few things to consider.
- 135: Zombie grannies and unintended leaks - talking Android malware, and debate the merits of a social media strike, as one of the team bites the bullet and buys a smart lock for the office.
- Accessibility Tools - handy list of accessibility tools.
- Checkout.com - It'll help you accept more payments, monitor your transactions in real time and build a seamless payments flow.
- The Worm That Nearly Ate the Internet - Just over 10 years ago, a unique strain of malware blitzed the internet so rapidly that it shocked cybersecurity experts worldwide.
- Google Project Zero reveals bad iMessages could have bricked your iPhone - security researcher Natalie Silvanovich has disclosed an issue with iMessage that could lead to the Apple phones needing to be wiped and restored to function correctly.
- YouTube policy on removing ‘instructional hacking’ content causes infosec community outrage - Videos removed from a prominent educational channel brought the policy to light.
- Junior QA Engineer - Edinburgh, Scotland
- Test Lead - hands-on automation - Dundee, Scotland
- Senior QA Engineer - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- A Testing Double Feature - Performance Testing & Reporting on Automation - Auckland
- Claire Goss - "Testers – Is it our own fault we are Underrated?!" - Cork
- Porto Testers Meetup - Porto
- Latest Techniques, Technologies, and Trends To Focus On As A Software Tester - Bangalore
- Diversity & Inclusion and Performance Testing - Newcastle
TestBash San Francisco 2019
Get your tickets now to be part of TestBash San Francisco 2019! The lineup is awesome, the venue has views for days, and the community vibe is unmatched! See you there?
TestBash Manchester 2019
Whoa! Hold the door, TestBash Manchester is back? That's right, the TestBash of North is back and this year is going to be amazing! Take a look at that lineup and book tickets now.