Weekly Newsletter: How Software Testers Provide Value Beyond The Testing Phase
Get weekly software testing community news to your inbox - sign up for our much-loved newsletter!
Whatever the reason for your team outsourcing some or all of its testing, it is always a challenge to manage. Find out how to manage it correctly, in order to reap the full benefits of time and cost efficiency.
We talk a lot about quality being a whole team activity, how testing doesn’t equal quality and how software testers often do lots of work that isn’t seen as traditional testing, but how can testers actually embody these principles in their day-to-day work?
Tickets for The London Tester Gathering Workshops are now on sale! This year's event will consist of eight half-day workshops over two days, you'll need to act quick, as places are strictly limited to 60! There are workshops on Automation, Exploratory Testing, Facilitation, APIs, BDD, Cynefin and Security testing!
Listen to Gareth's awesome stickman tester poem inspired by The Stick Man book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
You not only have the chance to be part of this great international community but also see a very exciting lineup. Our goal was to create a lineup that helps you to see your testing from different perspectives. The Super Early Bird tickets are limited and after the Blind Bird tickets sold out, you should order your ticket now. Better safe than sorry…
I had just started a new job at that kind of company in which you hear “we want to automate everything” quite frequently. Except that I was hired to do Exploratory Testing… so I thought I had to blow their mind with some solid skills and there were two workshops at TestBash Brighton that tackled that area precisely.
It's a themed episode this week, as Mel brings us five of her favourite duets for a lively discussion about pairing in the workplace, and how effective communication can improve the flow of information within our teams.
Beren has kindly offered to run his interactive workshop on RiskStorming - a visual, collaborative method that is using TestSphere cards to map your Testing on threats and risks to quality aspects that matter.
We've picked a few topics of interest from The Club for you to read, contribute and generally get involved with.
We started a conversation at the TestBash Brighton UnExpo about wanting to teach, learn and share experiences year round rather than just at the conference. So here we are! And if you interested in learning, teaching or sharing experiences on any of the topics, please get involved!
I was wondering, if you were in this testers position what answer might you give to that manager? How would you spend the 5 minute window you have testing that application?
Highlighting a selection of blog posts from the testing community.
At any point in your testing career have you ever asked yourself questions like: “Why do I bother?” (lack of progress); “Maybe this isn’t the role for me and I need to move on” (not feeling integral to your team); “You think I can do x well enough to do a talk on it, but I’m not really sure” (Imposter syndrome).
I have noticed that when I have been speaking or trying to explain current business rules in the platform that I am testing on to explaining why I have decided to run these tests, and how new feature sets should interact with the current logic that I may have been wasting time on 'wasted words. Keeping it simple and short wins every single time.
- Dear M, I Hear You Want to Learn Something About Testing? – Testhexen
- Testers must be learners – Inky-Freak
- Neurodiversity and My Problem with WIP Limits for Creative Work - Cassandra HL
- Quarantining failing tests is similar to death sentence – Testing Bits Blog
- Seeking more robust and purposeful automated tests - Better Software Testing Blog
- The Greg Score: 12 Steps to Better Testing – Gregory Testing
- Machine Learning in IOS apps - Rafaela Azevedo
- Test Driven Testing – Test only enough to satisfy the objective – Assert.This
- Introducing thewaiter. A WebDriverWait based library for writing reliable Selenium tests - imALittleTester
- Given, When, Then….Mental Indigestion – @Beaglesays
- Ep 23: Speed - Screen Testing
- Episode 100!!!! - Let's Talk About Tests, Baby
- RBCS Software Testing Training & Consulting: Podcast
- Parimala Hariprasad: The Big Three Questions .... and User Research
- To protect artificial intelligence from attacks, show it fake data - MIT Technology Review
- Does Your Browser Block Cryptojacking Attacks?
- Low-Priority Threats: The Achilles Heel of Security Teams - Security Boulevard
- Four wireless standards hackers will target after Wi-Fi - Help Net Security
- To automate or not to automate
- The Differences Between Testing and Debugging (+5 Debugging Tips)