Weekly Newsletter: How to Automate API Checks With RestSharp
This newsletter is kindly supported by Xray!
The app keeps you focused, easing the process of documentation and note-taking so you can share the insights with your team. Use the app to record videos, make screenshots, take notes, and share your results. Install it for free and start exploring your systems.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Win MoT Pro Membership thanks to BrowserStack! - Just answer the question before 5pm on Friday 18th September to be in with a chance of getting a Pro Membership for a year.
- Automating API Checks With RestSharp - Hilary Weaver-Robb - Learn everything you need to start automating checks of APIs using RestSharp in C# with this new course from Hilary.
- Meet The Coaches Podcast - Anand Bagmar - Adam Leon Smith speaks with Anand Bagmar to get to know about his background and experiences.
- How To Start Blogging AMA with Louise Gibbs, Bruce, Chris Armstrong & Lee Marshall - Learn why its good to write things down and empty your brain to the world.
- Visual testing: How it works and getting started with Mike Fotinakis - Visual bugs are hard to detect through functional tests, learn how visual testing works under the hood with Percy.
- What Does Your Career Timeline Look Like? - Most of us have taken a meandering career path to becoming a tester, trying different roles on. What does your path look like?
- Can you defeat the impossible checkbox? - Can you defeat the bear and keep the checkbox checked? If so, tell us how you did it.
Community News & Podcasts
- Psychological safety and inclusion in agile teams - Feeling safe is easy if you are the norm.
- Visualize the Test Strategy - To plan a test strategy we need to understand the pipeline, the relative value of the test activities and the relative evolution of the test activities.
- Test Data Management Strategies - Different approaches to handle your test data when running automated tests and the trade-offs.
- Episode 821 - TLS Certificates Now Have Lifespan Of 398 Days, Be Prepared - As of September 1, 2020 TLS certificates will only be valid for 398 days.
- 194: Carry on droning - A Bitcoin bungle causes one user to lose millions, hackers attempt to bribe a Tesla employee into infecting the company's network, and are we ready for a sky full of drones?
99-Minute Workshops - September
- Leading a test automation strategy - Join Dana Aonofriesei at 1pm New York, US Time - 9th September 2020
- Mocks and Testability - Join Ali Haydar at 12pm New Zealand time (NZST) - 11th September 2020
- Property-based testing in Java - Join Mike Solomon at 12pm UK Time - 14th September 2020
- A Deep Dive into JUnit 5 - Join Boni García at 1pm New York, US Time - 16th September 2020
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC - Join Dan Ashby at 12pm UK Time - 21st September 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Mindful Testing – because testing should not be done on autopilot - Be present and work on the highest value testing task.
- Best Practices for Large Test Automation Projects - Working on a group project always raises challenges, but with automation projects, where the UI keeps changing and components are shared, collaboration is essential.
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Min Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Automation - 8pm UK Time - 8th September 2020
- Masterclass: Let’s Go Larvae Hunting! - 8pm UK Time - 22nd September 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Coming Next: WCAG 2.2 - It is a myth that website accessibility is a once and done exercise.
- Bridgefy, the messenger promoted for mass protests, is a privacy disaster - Researchers notified the company in April of serious flaws that have yet to be fixed.
- Firefox will add a new drive-by-download protection - Firefox will block automatic downloads initiated from sandboxed iframes.
- Recap of lessons learned during Test Leadership Summer 2020 by Anna Royzman - Online, Austin
- Test clinic - Gothenburg
- September Double Header! - Al Goodall and Simon Prior - Online, Buckinghamshire
- No estimates: dream or reality - Darryn Downey - Online, Cork
- Devbridge Test Automation Hackathon - Vilnius