Weekly Newsletter: TestBash Home: Bringing TestBash To You!
This newsletter is kindly supported by Sauce Labs!
Working remotely? Join us online for a webinar on “How to Test Your Mobile Apps from Anywhere.” During this session, Wim Selles will show you the benefits of mobile app testing in the cloud and how you can get access to the mobile devices you need— anytime, anywhere.
Testing and the Community
- TestBash Home: Bringing TestBash To You! - Our first 24Hr TestBash will be packed full of interactive sessions including talks, panels, challenges, plus we’ll relive and reflect on some classic TestBash talks.
- Testers' Island Discs Ep33 - Corina Pip - Mark and Corina dive into a deep conversation about the challenges of implementing robust and stable automation and what it can help in.
- Getting Closer To MoT And TestBash - Lina Marcela's experience in getting a scholarship to TestBash Germany.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Strategies - Huib Schoots - The recording from our recent AMA is now available to rewatch. It was a session packed with plenty of information for you to revamp your Test Strategies.
- Can’t afford a ticket to TestBash Home? We’re here to help! - Outstanding members of the MoT community are helping to provide tickets to TestBash Home.
- What’s a go to question that you ask candidates while interviewing? Why? - This might be useful to you if you are being interviewed or interviewing.
- The Relevance of the TestSphere Expansion - What's new in the TestSphere deck?
- Agile Testing For The Whole Team: An Interview - Kristine shares what the training is and how it compares to other well-known training.
- Develop a passion for software testing - We can sometimes get a bit stuck and lose our passion.
- Introduction to Contract Testing - Unsure what it is? This is a great introduction to give you some understanding.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance: How to Effectively Deliver Unbelievable Test Results - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 14th April 2020
- TestBash Home - 30th April 8pm UK Time - 1st May 9pm UK Time
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 26th June 2020
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 15th - 16th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- The WCAG 2.2 Draft is Here: What You Need to Know - So what does this mean for websites and mobile applications?
- Accessibility Maze - The Accessibility Maze was created to help those new to web accessibility experience firsthand what it is like to encounter those barriers.
- What are the benefits of automation? - What are the benefits of automation and why should we use it and appreciate it?
- Browser unaware Selenium tests. Step 3: Starting a browser based on a system property - See how to use System properties for easily switching the browser in tests.
- Hindsight lessons about automation: The mastery of data seeding - Maybe you discover a better way of doing it.
- Types of APIs - In order to effectively test an API, you need to know what kind of API you are testing.
- Three lines of Python to brighten your day - A positive way to learn a bit of Python.
- API Testing in Postman - Some basic knowledge of API testing using Postman.
- How to Coordinate Emulator Testing with Real Device Testing - Tips on when to test with emulators, when to test with real devices and when you might even want to test on both types of environments, simultaneously.
- QAOps: What It Is and Why It Matters - With the DevOps approach making the software development process easier and more efficient, the concept of QAOps has now made its way to the industry.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Episode 011 - Programmer or Tester? - The Evil Tester Show - What should you be? Programmer or Tester?
- Continuous improvement – sounds good but how to do it? - What does Continuous Improvement have to do with Testing?
- Test Automation in Gaming with Shane Evans - Testing in video games has been relatively stagnant for over 30 years, but that’s about to change.
- Episode 712 - Distance Learning Flexes All Areas Of Home Cybersecurity - Distance Learning has started across the country and that means millions of kids are working online.
- ABT 343 – Chris Kenst - Chris talks about his path into testing, his job as an automation engineer, and his work with AST.
- Episode 41 Eric Galis: Following the Path of Happy Accidents - A series of happy accidents propelled Eric’s career in information security, where he’s focused on automation, security monitoring, application security, and more.
- The Testing Show: Scaled Agile - Matthew Heusser and Michael Larsen have a chat with Jennifer Fawcett about SAFe. What is it? Why does it matter to your organization as a whole and to testing and testers in particular?
- 172: UncleF***Face - Carole details how companies are spying on their stay-at-home workers, Mikko Hyppönen discusses the trustworthiness of video chat apps, and Graham gets embarrassed when he admits he's bought a Facebook Portal for his in-laws.
- Encryption and Encoding - We've heard mysterious terms like "salted" and "SHA256" and wondered what they meant. Learn the basics around encoding and encryption.
- Cybersecurity experts come together to fight coronavirus-related hacking - An international group of nearly 400 volunteers with expertise in cybersecurity formed to fight hacking related to the novel coronavirus.
- Bosses Panic-Buy Spy Software to Keep Tabs on Remote Workers - Phones are ringing off the hook at companies providing a bit of Big Brother.
- >4,000 Android apps silently access your installed software - Android API lets apps collect a list of all other installed apps, no permission needed.
- Testware Engineer - Coventry, UK
- مقدمة وأساسيات في اختبار البرمجيات - KSA, online
- Continuous Testing with Containers, with Melissa Benua - Boston, online
- The Motrix Revolutions: Filling your self care backpack with Gem Hill - Edinburgh, online
- Virtual Coffee - Salta, online