Weekly Newsletter: The Area Of Effect For Mobile Accessibility
Get weekly software testing community news to your inbox - sign up for our much-loved newsletter!
As teams grow, sharing information using excel sheets becomes problematic. What once was easy and intuitive, becomes challenging or logistically impossible to manage. Find out if it’s time to invest in a test management tool and start providing real QA coverage.
Accessibility guidelines are not a recent trend, but with events in the Digital World, they are taking more prominent roles within companies. The main users to benefit from the adoption of WCAG 2.1 guidelines are those relying on assistive technology with a mobile device, users with limited vision, and users with cognitive issues.
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk has shared her scholarship story. Not so long ago (February 2018) and not so far away (Wrocław, Poland), there was a junior tester who really wanted to attend TestBash Netherlands.
MoT MeetupsEach week we will feature one of our upcoming MoT community Meetups. Find or start a MoT meetup
The ClubWe've picked a few topics of interest from The Club for you to read, contribute and generally get involved with.
Community PostsHighlighting a selection of blog posts from the testing community.
- Pros and Cons of Quarantined Tests - Mark Lapierre
- Conducting testing - Probe probare – to properly test
- Your Software Testing Career? - The Life Of One Man
- Adjusting test size for large systems with dependency scope - Trish Khoo consulting
- Getting Started with Business Intelligence Testing - Automation Beyond
- Debating the Modern Testing Principles - Gregory Testing
- Inject UI executions into non-UI tests properly - Test automation experience and thoughts
- Henrietta Leavitt and Artificial IQ - Kieran O' Callaghan
- Why no one is solely responsible for testing... - MeleeTester
- The Challenging Personalities in the Daily Scrum Meeting - David Tzemach's Blog
- What is Cross-Site Scripting, and Why Should You Care? - Think Like a Tester
- Mobile Test Automation Coverage Requirement – Q22018 - Continuous Testing Blog for Mobile And Web Apps
- Thoughts about #notesting – Thomas Crabtree
- Seaside adventures in test - Testing Tackled
- The Question - Are there any Software Testing super heroes? - Evil Tester
Testing PodcastsMoT host various podcasts, but here is a selection of interesting testing podcasts from around the web.
- Is Jmeter a Load Testing tool? - Ask PerfBytes
- Episode 83: Accelerating the Team – AB Testing
- 063 Discussing the Unbreakable Delivery Pipeline with Donovan Brown - PurePerformance
- 205: .Net and Integration Testing Pitfalls with James Penning - Test Talks
- Watch how easy it is to break into this $100 "smart" lock / Boing Boing
- Tesla’s over-the-air brake upgrade was amazing—and also a bit worrying - Ars Technica
- How women in tech can identify female-friendly companies - HPE
- Consistent Accessibility: How Apple Can Make iOS and the Mac More Accessible – MacStories
- Chrome and Firefox leaks let sites steal visitors’ Facebook names, profile pics - Ars Technica
- Jira bug exposed private server keys at major companies, researcher finds - ZDNet