Weekly Newsletter: Time to rethink your test strategy?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
Testing and the Community
- TestBash Netherlands 2020 is Postponed to October 2020 - Delighted we were able to find an alternative to cancelling this TestBash.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Strategies with Huib Schoots - This online webinar is happening on the 31st March. Get your questions in, even if you can't attend live, you could have your question answered in the recording.
- Blind Bird Tickets to TestBash and Test.bash(); Manchester ending soon - Our TestBashes in Manchester have been increasingly popular over the years for good reason! Book your ticket now!
- TestBash New Zealand Call For Papers - Do you fancy speaking or running a workshop at TestBash New Zealand? Get your idea in now, we're still accepting submission.
- 30 Days of Quality Day 19: Principle 5 of Modern Testing - What are your thoughts on it?
- New Challenges in Continuous Delivery - Do you actually do the work to get CD?
- Support Your Community - We are so fortunate to have such an awesome community willing to support us - helping us provide even more useful content.
- Would Heu-Risk It? Part 25: Goldilocks - Another card from Lena!
- Growing into senior (role) - What does it mean to be senior?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Strategies - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 31st March 2020
- Masterclass: Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance: How to Effectively Deliver Unbelievable Test Results - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 14th April 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 26th June 2020
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 15th - 16th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- A11yAxioms - Basic truths about building an inclusive digital world.
- 7 Tips for Making Online Exams Accessible - What are different considerations for making online exams accessible?
- These are the Web Accessibility Standards designers need to know - Attempting to summarize the basic structure of Web Accessibility Standards to provide beginners with a high-level starting point to dive into the topic.
- Accessible UI Component Libraries Roundup - A list of accessible UI components that you can use for your next project.
- Ensuring that drag-and-drop actions can be cancelled - The Technique is applicable to any technology that supports pointer input.
- Creating your first test with TestCafe - Interested in trying TestCafe?
- Browser unaware Selenium tests - Step 1: Identify OSs on which to run tests + choose browsers to support.
- Do you really need that Cucumber with your Selenium? - Can you streamline things?
- Selenium WebDriver Synchronization - Learning effective synchronisation strategies makes your automated execution more reliable.
- Automation challenges - Interesting post about the team growth mindset.
- Using Data to Improve Test Efficiency: Introducing Failure Analysis - See if you qualify for early access to Failure Analysis with Sauce Labs.
- Automated localization testing with Selenium - Wonderproxy has a new guide that explores how Selenium can be integrated with a worldwide proxy network to verify website availability, performance, and correctness on a continuous basis.
- Open Source Spotlight: Ombi with Jamie Rees - Jamie is the creator of Ombi, a tool that lets users manage users and request content on Plex.
- A medical device manufacturer meets mission-critical regulations with Xray - Medical companies have a unique set of challenges with how they design, release and operate their products.
- How to Test Your Mobile Apps From Anywhere - With test teams working remotely, are you set up to continue mobile testing your product?
- Automation Coding Practices to Adopt: Code Like a Developer - Do you have a standard practice for your automation that everyone uses?
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- SeleniumBase Python Framework with Michael Mintz - Want to use a python based automation framework for your entire web UI testing needs?
- Episode 702 - The 'What If' Situations Are Here, Were You Prepared - This episode talks about what this means for your security program and reminds you to keep security a top priority.
- AB Testing – Episode 117: The Covid-19 WFH Show - Talking quite a bit about working from home, and a bit about test coaching / consulting in the Modern Testing world.
- Episode 40 Leif Dreizler: Where Engineering Meets Security - Leif joined the podcast to discuss his journey into appsec, his observations about the industry, and his recommendations for entering the field
- E29 - Metrics - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Is there a more controversial topic in testing? Yet a tool more widely used by testing teams?
- Episode 704 - Home Router Security Tips - In today's current events your home network is being used more often and by more people than normal.
- Visual Testing: How IDEs can make software testing easier - Paul Everitt - Paul and Brian discuss ways IDEs can encourage testing and make it easier for everyone, including beginners.
- Password found to rescue victims of malicious COVID-19 tracker app - Members of the IT and cybersecurity communities have successfully obtained a password key for victims of CovidLock Android ransomware.
- Google's advanced protection program for high-risk users now includes malware protection - Google is expanding the feature set for its Advanced Protection Program, a security offering that helps safeguard Google Accounts of those at risk for targeted attacks.
- Huntress Labs' Kyle Hanslovan on how his team tricked a hacker into being arrested - They found a hacker breaking into a managed service provider’s (MSP) network, then socially engineered the group into turning themselves in.
- Quality Analyst & Consultant - Ann Arbor, MI. US
- Freelance Test Automation Engineer (m/f/x) - Python - Remote, Anywhere in Europe, preferably Central or Eastern Europe.
- Mocks and Testability - Online Webinar - Auckland
- The MoTrix: Communities of practice with Drew Pontikis - Online - Edinburgh
- WEBINAR: Patrones de diseño en la automatización, PageObject o ScreenPlay - Costa Rica