Weekly Newsletter: What Makes Software Testers Tick?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings, and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
Testing and the Community
- Masterclass: How to Plan a Workshop? - Do you want to run a workshop but not really sure what to teach? Are you struggling to sell your workshop to others? Whether it's internal or external training, you could pick up a trick or two from this lunchtime Masterclass.
- What Makes Software Testers Tick? - What do you think makes testers tick and how can you use that knowledge to better lead them?
- Masters of the Ministry: The Community’s Best Software Testing Training - We're very excited to introduce a new initiative around training!
- An Update on TestBash and MoT from BossBoss Richard Bradshaw - Changes to TestBash and changes MoT are making.
- Bringing You TestBash Netherlands Online - We're very excited to announce our next online TestBash!
- Mental Health Awareness Week 2020 Kindness: Treat Monday - Have you planned a treat? If you want to share to give others ideas of what they could plan for themselves, please do.
- What do you want to see in a job ad? - What makes you read a job spec and think “Oooh I have to apply to them”? Likewise, what makes you read a job spec and think “absolutely not a company I want to work for”?
- 30 Days of DevOps Day 13: Misconceptions - Share a misconception about ‘DevOps’ and your thoughts on it.
- What are mnemonics and how can they help with software testing? - Do you use mnemonics?
- Understanding about Contract Testing - Contract Tests can fail even before actual testing starts.
- Delivery Teams and Popping the What Stack - What questions do you ask?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: How to Plan a Workshop? - 12.30 - 1 hour - 19th May 2020
- Software Testing Essentials Live Online - 1st - 3rd June 2020
- Automation in Testing Online - 3-Day Course - 22nd - 24th June 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16h October 2020
- Testing Email Without Tears - Turns out APIs are great to test all kinds of things!
- Writing tests for RESTful APIs in Python using requests – part 4: mocking responses - Bas sharing a post on working mocking responses for unit testing purposes.
- Selenium 4: Mocking Geolocation - Angie testing out the new features of Selenium 4 alpha mode.
- Testing Better Together With the 2020 Continuous Testing Benchmark Report - See how your continuous testing efforts stack up against both critical best practices and the testing efforts of other enterprises.
- Summer of Learning Episode 1 - 'The Basics: Getting started with Selenium' - A free 5-part webinar series covering practical takeaways on test automation with Selenium and BrowserStack.
- AI Testing Tools: 3 That You Should Get to Know - A bit of an intro to AI testing tools
- Accessibility 101 for Content Creators - A perfectly coded website will still break down if the content isn’t written and built accessibly.
- Accessibility and IoT / Smart and Connected Communities - User experience design efforts must involve and consider people with disabilities, including the world’s rapidly ageing population of seniors.
- Accessibility Checklist - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Episode 741 - Tools, Tips and Tricks - Gitmind.com - Mind mapping is an effective way to get your ideas into a visual representation, build relationships between your ideas, and help plan and organize your mind on projects.
- Six Principles of Readable Tests - David Seddon - When you are trying to understand why a test is failing, you'll be very grateful to the test author if they've taken the care to make it readable.
- Power cycling; not just for your PCs and routers - Discussing a bug where Boeing 787s need to be restarted every 51 days.
- Zoom’s Cyber Security Issues: Lessons to Take Away - Some things to consider.
- This powerful Android malware stayed hidden years, infected tens of thousands of smartphones - Mandrake spyware hoovers up information.
- Stealing your SMS messages with iOS 0day - Siguza told us that his 0day was patched in the iOS 13.5 beta3.
- PTM Meetup #4.5 - Online, Porto
- Spring 2020 #2 - Online, Kaunas
- Lukasz Nowanski - Real world Example of Performance Testing - Online, Cork
- M#11- [Test Heuristic] What's love got to do with it? a communication heuristic - Online, Manilla