What Best Practices Should You Sacrifice?
I love using emojis to add tone to my written words. It does amaze me though how many applications don't test for emoji input. Emojis: A Critical Path For Testing article gives some interesting insight into how emojis could cause problems for your product.
- Heather, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings, and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
We've new videos and challenges live for you to get even more hands-on with your learning.
🎉 The recordings from UI Automation Week are live. Catch up on the 99-Minute workshops, webinars and experience reports and see what you could apply in your role.
Have you submitted your talk for TestBash Home yet? The call for papers closes on 28th March. 📆
Mike is joined by Syed Ali, Han Toan Lim and Crystal Preston-Watson to talk about how you can raise awareness of accessibility, build accessibility in earlier and generally educate your team about accessibility. 🎧
You're the first tester that's been hired, it's important not to isolate yourself and ensure you communicate often. Eduardo has some excellent tips to help you decide where to start and what to focus on. 👀
Would you like to test your exploratory testing skills? Our Exploratory Testing Week challenges are a perfect place to start! 🏆
There's no denying that critical thinking is a key skill for testers but how do you know you're thinking critically? And how can you perfect this skill? Join our Panel Discussion with Elizabeth Zagroba, Jitesh Gosai and Maaike Brinkhof to find out more. 🧠
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
What framework are you using for mobile automation? There are some interesting results shared so far. 📱
You don't always need to follow best practices to deliver a useful product to your customers. You might have to make some trade-offs along the way. ⚖️
There are some excellent videos shared so far for 30 Days of Agile Testing Day 3. Have you got some to add? 🎥
How much context switching are you doing in your role? Kim is looking for others to share their stories. 🤔
Is there a natural order you should consider the quality attributes? With so many quality aspects to think about during the fast-paced delivery of agile, some things can fall through the cracks. ⏩
How would you do peer reviews with your fellow QA team members? German is looking to improve knowledge sharing on their team, maybe you can help?
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Panel Discussions.
- Panel Discussion - Critical Thinking Gwen welcomes Elizabeth Zagroba, Jitesh Gosai and Maaike Brinkhof in this discussion around critical thinking - 8 pm UK Time - 23rd March 2021
- Masterclass - Error: ‘Quality’ is Not Defined with Georgia Bloyce, sponsored by Applitools - 8 pm UK Time - 6th of April 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! with Vernon Richards and Dan Ashby - 3 days training - 12th - 14th April 2021 - 1 Super Early Bird Ticket Left
- Testing Ask Me Anything: Exploratory Testing with Callum Akehurst-Ryan, sponsored by mabl - 8 pm UK Time - 20th of April 2021
- Exploratory Testing Week - our second themed week of the year starting on the 26h of April - 26th - 30th April 2021
- Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021 - Super Early Bird Tickets now on sale
- TestBash Home 2021 is back on the 17th and 18th of June 2021!
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th of July 2021. Super Early Bird Tickets now on sale.
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
How can you take advantage of Cypress' browser tests and add the power of automated Visual Testing with Applitools Eyes? Check out these code snippets to get you started.
What does "traceability" mean and why is it important for your requirements? Some interesting food for thought.
When you're trying out code changes, some can be great but for others, you might want to revert back to the original or a better version. Did you know you can manage all of this in IntelliJ? Corina tells you how.
99-Minute Workshops - March - April 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC - Join Dan Ashby at 8 pm UK Time - 24th March
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - Join Dana Aonofriesei at 12 pm UK Time - 29th March
- Git Foundations - Join Simon Berner at 8 pm UK Time - 31st March
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - Join Roman Segador at 12 pm UK Time - 5th April
- Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting - Join Louise Gibbs at 8 pm UK Time - 7th April
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with TestProject - Join Ran Tzur at 12 pm UK Time - 12th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- API Testing with Postman - Join Suman Bala at 8 pm UK Time - 14th of April
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - Join Huib Schoots at 12 pm UK Time - 16th of April
- How to Build a Culture of Quality - Join Bertold Kolics at 3 pm UK Time - 19th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - Join Boni García at 8 pm UK Time - 21st of April
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 12 pm UK Time - 23rd of April
- Automated Visual Testing - Join Angie Jones at 4 pm UK Time - 28th of April - Open to everyone to attend