What does being a software tester mean to you?
Reading Elizabeth's blog post (linked below in the newsletter), made me think about how we communicate as testers. Maybe we could communicate more effectively. This article from Nipa Shah has some great advice on how to improve how you communicate.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Progress!
Eliminate regression bottlenecks, cover all your test scenarios in less time and prevent test maintenance from becoming unmanageable. Test Studio gives you a complete toolset for functional UI testing with reusability of elements across test types within a project and the industry's first hybrid element find logic. Check it out!
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
New articles, talks and calls for content! Boost your testing skills.
🎧 Beth Marshall joins Neil for the latest Tester's Island Disc episode. They talk about how to advance your testing career, from building automation portfolios to building your reputation. Excellent music also included.
Are you considering changing jobs? There are some things to consider before you hand in your notice. Learn to quit like a professional.
The TestBash Home talks are now live! You can watch and rewatch all of the talks. 🎉
Dan Billing gave a unique testing talk on how gaming could assist in developing core testing skills, such as exploring and modelling.
👉 We're planning more 99 Minute Workshops and we want you to get involved. Whether you're a seasoned workshop host or it's your first time, we will support you through the process. Submit your idea!
📺 Rosie Sherry, Tristan Lombard and Lee Marshall talked about growing a community. From the challenges community builders face to the frameworks you can use to help build a community. Watch the Discussion recording!
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also supported by Provar!
How can organizations apply the right automation strategies for their needs while staying on top of the challenges of testing cloud applications? Download Provar’s end to end testing white paper to find out.
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions and Training Courses.
- Masterclass: Grow your Career with Tech Communities with Nishi Grover Garg - 8pm UK Time - 29th June 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Leadership with Butch Mayhew - 8pm UK Time - 13th July 2021
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
🙌 What is your win for June? Maybe you've personal or professional wins?
What does being a software tester mean to you? Maybe you can relate to Patrick and his focus on quality rather than testing. 🔎
How much information is enough information? Do you know how to ask the right questions to get all the information you need to test? Elizabeth has ideas to help you get the information you need.
Have you ever been asked to produce a Go/No Go grid? How would you manage this? Can you share some insight.
🤔 Communities of Practice, what are they and what does the name mean? Testing Peers podcast discusses it all.
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021!
Protractor, the Angular end-to-end testing tool, is officially being sunset. It's time to investigate alternative options. 🕵️♀️
🚀 TestProject is back with another major release: TestProject X (v3.0). This exciting version breaks some of the biggest barriers in test automation today. As it provides two of the most anticipated feature requests that came from you – the amazing community.
Have you investigated low-code? It seems to be becoming a more powerful and useful tool. Is it time to understand it more?
99-Minute Workshops - June & July 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Approval Testing with Emily Bache - 12pm UK Time - 28th June 2021
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz with Ady Stokes - 8pm UK Time - 30th June 2021
- An Introduction to SQL for Testers with Lee Marshall - 12pm UK Time - 5th July 2021
- There's No U in Coach with Lindsay Strydom and Gareth Waterhouse - 8pm UK Time - 7th July 2021
- API Testing With Postman with Suman Bala - 12pm UK Time - 12th July 2021
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps with Lena Wiberg - 8pm UK Time - 14th July 2021
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester’s Mindset with Janet Gregory - 1pm UK Time - 19th July 2021
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC with Dan Ashby - 8pm UK Time - 21st July 2021
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice with Jenna Charlton - 8pm UK Time - 23rd July 2021