Your Weekly Testing News - Issue 376
This newsletter is kindly supported by Testmo
Testmo: #1 Test Management for Jira, GitHub & GitLab
Deliver great software! Powerful unified test management for Jira, GitHub & GitLab & more with Testmo. All your test cases, sessions & test automation in one modern platform. Lightning-fast, powerful UI, rich reporting & custom workflows. Try Testmo free!
Your value to the testing community is probably more than you think it is.
I had this strong reflection during last week's TestBash Careers. Plenty of talks focused on value and how we need to demonstrate that at various points in our career journey. Particularly with the talks by Maryam Umar, David Williams and Kiruthika Ganesan.
A common theme emerged about perseverance, patience and promotion (as in, be ok to promote yourself). The recordings for TestBash Careers will be available in the coming weeks for anyone with a Ministry of Testing Pro subscription and those who bought a ticket. I feel the series of talks will be worth revisiting time and time again! And do keep the conversation going. Share your thoughts on these interview questions.
TestBashX Brighton was a different kind of TestBash. So I enjoyed reading Laveena's experience report. You get a real sense of what it was like to be there. And there is much to discover from previous TestBashes when you use a keyword search on the Ministry of Testing platform. Search for something you're interested in (search is supported on a desktop browser). I'd love to hear what you discovered and how it helped. Feel free to send me a message or use a social platform to share your thanks with the person who gave the talk.
As well as the big community events, March to May served up a helpful number of small community events. They sparked plenty of useful conversations about testing. Find out what happened and what's next.
I'm looking forward to the next Note Takers session, for those aspiring to lead. Last time around twelve of us read and wrote notes in real-time. I couldn't help but smile as all these notes appeared on the screen as we sat in silence. And the group debriefs, where we reviewed the notes and shared thoughts together, were engaging.
You might know that MoT has annual partners that support the community throughout the year. Today, as part of this valuable partnership, you can meet the team behind mabl.
What value might you reflect on and demonstrate this week?
Have a good one.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Ranorex
Want to get more out of your testing?
For companies who wish to automate their tests in order to maximize their efforts and return, ROI may be the answer. ROI is a performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency and calculate the impact of an investment. Check out our ROI calculator see how you’ll benefit.
Useful business posts
- Bad Press, Litigation and Exclusion: Why Inclusive Design Must Be Accessible — Marcus Merrell
- Announcing Test Parameterization for Early Access & Jira Integration Improvements — Heather Vercillo
- How Wurl Uses JS Snippets to Validate Video Player Functionality — Bridget Hughes
- Tue 31 May Setting up CI:CD Pipeline Task Analysis
- Tue 31 May Take the STRIDE Threat Model Challenge with Claire Reckless
- Wed 01 Jun Note Takers – Aspiring To Lead
- Tue 07 Jun Investigating Failed Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 14 Jun Reporting Automation Results Task Analysis
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Manage Data Challenge with Peet Michielsen
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Mind Map of Questions Challenge with Zenzi Ali
- Tue 21 Jun Maintaining Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 21 Jun Take the Set Up Monitoring for Errors Challenge with Lewis Prescott
- Wed 22 Jun - Thu 23 Jun TestBash World
- Tue 28 Jun Maintaining a Framework Task Analysis
- Tue 05 Jul Maintaining Test Environments Task Analysis
- Tue 05 Jul Take the Personas Challenge with Emna Ayadi
- Tue 12 Jul Developing Testing Tools Task Analysis
- Tue 12 Jul Take the Basic UI Automation Check Challenge with Trisha Chetani
Calls for Contributions
🤩 Transform your career. Keep up to date and relevant with all the latest and most important topics in testing and quality. Access all live events and 1000+ talks, webinars, articles, and podcasts. Take control of your career growth. Register for a Ministry of Testing Pro Membership today.
Thank you to our Pro members for supporting the community. You help us move the software testing craft forward. 🙌
Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign up page. 🗞
Simon is a CommunityBoss at Ministry of Testing and his pronouns are he/him. Currently learning to be a better community enabler, he has a passion for all things testing with a career in various testing roles since 2003. He particularly enjoys promoting and sharing the value of exploratory testing.