This newsletter is kindly supported by Mostly AI
Webinar for QA people: test data generation
Learn how to automate your test data generation with the power of AI. No need to be a data scientist or an AI dev, all you need is the right tool at the right time. Sign up for the webinar!
As we start a new month, one filled with events, let's take a few minutes to catch up and take a breath. I recently sent out the monthly events email - go check it out for a full list of ways you can make the most of your MoT membership, whichever option you have.
We're sad to see the news that Elisabeth Hendrickson is closing down her blog. She kindly shared the fact that we have published her wonderful and very useful Test Heuristics Cheat Sheet. It has been updated since the original and it is available to absolutely everyone, there's even a pdf to download so you can keep a copy locally - maybe print it out and stick it to your office wall?
Sarah has put together a really useful video to help convince your boss to attend TestBash UK - it's also useful for other events too. You can watch the short video on the TestBash UK event page.
I really enjoyed this post on The Club from Wilco - When have you gone one step further in your testing? There are some excellent examples of when people have made their tests as realistic as possible.
I thought I'd also take a moment to share some recent content from MoT that I think you'll both enjoy and learn something from - it's what we aim to do here at MoT after all! So what's new? Two new podcasts. Neil Studd caught up with Nicola Lindgren to talk about community content creation, her testing journey and discussing music choices - songs to squat to comes up. The second is a quick 10min chat - Kristof Van Kriekingen talks to Juliette MacPhail about a recent mabl release, including the ability to support testing packaged applications, such as Salesforce, and shadow DOM elements
So that's it from me this week, Simon should be back with you next week, fully rested and ready for action!
— Áine, MarketingBoss
Useful business posts
- How to build a culture of quality - part 1. vision and narrative — Stuart Day
- New Mabl University Resources Enable Quality Learning | mabl — Dennis Nelson
- August 2022 Product News, Events, and Test Automation Insights
- A Celebration of 5 Billion Tests With a Data Deep Dive
- Sauce Labs Compatibility with Firefox GeckoDriver Version 0.31.0
- Wed 07 Sep Note Takers – Security Testing, with host Trisha Chetani
- Tue 13 Sep How to Test Smarter (Not Harder) with Model-Based Test Design
- Wed 14 Sep How to Test for Accessibility
- Thu 15 Sep - Fri 16 Sep Welcome to the Ministry of Testing Community with host Zenzi Ali
- Mon 19 Sep - Wed 21 Sep Automation in Testing - Manchester
- Thu 22 Sep - Fri 23 Sep TestBash UK
- Fri 14 Oct TestBashX Bucks
- Thu 20 Oct Test.bash(); 2022
- Tue 15 Nov TestBash Core Skills
Calls for Contributions
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 Visual Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 Data Management Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September 2022
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 UI Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September 2022
- Have You Contributed to the Community?
- Call To Speak - Test.bash(); 2022: Closes on the 31st of August 2022
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 API Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September 2022
- Call for Contribution – Share your interest to run a Community Micro-Event
- Call for Content - Write for us
💬 Keep the conversation going on The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign-up page. 🗞