Beginner's Guide To Mobile Testing - Daniel Knott
Welcome to the Beginners Guide to Mobile Testing! This 9-part course will take you through the fundamentals of testing mobile applications and help you kick start your mobile testing activities.
The course will cover:
- The different mobile data networks including the pros and cons.
- The technical specifications of mobile devices including the architecture as well as the built-in sensors which are used by millions of mobile apps.
- The different mobile app types and how they can affect your testing activities.
- The different business models behind apps to aid you in defining a solid mobile testing strategy.
- The different mobile app stores focusing on Apple and Google.
Beginners Guide to Mobile Testing is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes long and packed with around 3 hours worth of mobile testing tasks for you to try out as well as extra resources to support you.
Why take this course?
If you are new to mobile testing or you want to switch from another industry field to mobile, then this course is the right foundation for you. We'll cover all the basics of mobile testing and have even sprinkled in some quick, fun tasks throughout to help you develop new mobile testing use cases to implement at your company.
Resources you'll use throughout this course:
There are lots of open resources suggested in the individual Lesson Resources sections, as well as, links to The Club forum where you can share your progress and findings from the authentic mobile testing tasks recommended throughout this course.
In addition, you can take a look at Daniel's book “Hands-On Mobile App Testing” which can be used to support your learnings while taking this course.
Prerequisites for this course:
It would be advantageous if you have a basic understanding of software testing, but no mobile testing skills are required.