How do you prioritise bugs?
This week Heather is back with one of our TestBash talks.
Unmasking Security: Seeing Through the Eyes of an Attacker - Saskia Coplans. As a tester, it can feel difficult to know how you can advocate for security. Saskia's talk really helped me to think more about the user persona of malicious users and how that can fit into my approach to testing.
- Heather, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Progress, Telerik!
Join Jim Holmes on February 17 and hear first-hand about how to speed delivery and improve quality with modern practices. Jim will share the lessons he learned from many years of experience in software delivery and explain why the role of testing is vital for the success of any organization. Register today!
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
We've some new webinar recordings and a new podcast!
👀 We all need a cheat sheet, or at least a gentle nudge in the right direction when we're searching for bugs. Larvae Hunting - heuristics and cheat sheet will help you identify potential bugs.
🎉 You've no doubt seen us share our excitement over UI Automation Week, well now you can actually Register! It's open to all of our Pro members, or you can buy a one-off ticket. Find out what's happening and when, plus how can you get involved - check out the challenges yourself! 🤯
🎧 Our new podcast has Mark talking to Marie Drake about her new Cypress workshop. They chat about the benefits of Cypress, who should try it out, some misconceptions, and plenty more! Take some time, have a listen.
Have you registered for the Automating UIs panel yet? You've the chance to ask Marie Drake, Angie Jones and Julia Pottinger questions on problems you might be having or what you should focus on learning next. Get your questions in before the Panel starts!
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
I think we can all agree that API testing is becoming more essential when it comes to testing. This post has some tips to get you started.
How do you prioritise bugs? From cosmetic fixes that affect the user perception of the product to show-stopper bugs. How do you prioritise them with your team?
Interesting podcast from AB Testers, Alan and Brent end up talking quite a bit about the correlation of test automation ownership and quality.
Angela is looking for a mentor to help with the transition into software testing. Could you help?
With the rise of low and no-code automation solutions, Ben has started to think more about the anatomy of test automation. What would you expect from such tools?
The community have written articles, attended workshops, juggled home schooling with work and much more. There have been a lot of wins to celebrate in January. Have you shared yours?
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Panel Discussions.
- Panel Discussion - Automating UIs - with Marie Drake, Julia Pottinger and Angie Jones - 8pm UK Time - 9th February 2021
- UI Automation Week - from the 22nd to the 26th of February 2021
- Masterclass: The UI Test That Cried Wolf - with Alex Burlton - 3pm UK Time - 23rd February
- Automation in Testing Online (Cohort Edition) - with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - Starting on the 2nd of March 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Critical Thinking with Fiona Charles - 8 pm UK Time - 9th March 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! - with Vernon Richards and Dan Ashby - 3 days training - 12th - 14th April 2021
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
Is your test strategy due for review? This a great post to spark some ideas - How to Review Your Software Testing Strategy.
If you started using Cypress in recent years, chances are that you heard about “app actions” being preferred over using page objects. Filip explores both of these options in this post.
Are you in the world of testing B2B products? What tools do you use? This is a spotlight on testing B2B applications.
99-Minute Workshops - February 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Understanding Your Testability - Join Richard Bradshaw at 8:00pm UK Time - 10th February
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - Join Huib Schoots at 12pm UK Time - 15th February
- There’s no U in Coach - Join Lindsay & Gareth at 8pm UK Time - 17th February
- Mocks and Testability - Join Ali Haydar 8pm UK Time - 24th February
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with TestProject - Join Ran Tzur at 12pm UK Time - 26th February - This workshop is open for everyone to attend, thanks to TestProject!