Weekly Newsletter: 10 Examples Of Effective Communication For Testers
This newsletter is kindly supported by Wonderproxy!
Combine a robust global proxy network with flexible interactive & automated testing tools to verify what your website looks like to customers around the world. Leave the localization guesswork behind with WonderProxy.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Masterclass: Optimize For Remote Execution - Join Titus on 22nd October at 8pm UK Time. When executing on a remote server each unnecessary command incurs a latency cost that adds up quickly. Titus will share examples of the most common extraneous commands, and then walk through how to rethink your synchronization strategy to dramatically improve performance while maintaining reliability.
- 10 Examples Of Effective Communication For Testers - This article describes 10 example situations where clear communication skills from testers can make all the difference.
- How to Build Your Personal Brand by Gabbi Trotter - With so much uncertainty in the job market and competition to secure the roles that are available, it couldn’t be a more important time to harness the power of having a Personal Brand.
- Measuring quality in production - Abby Bangser - This talk quickly reviews how we can spread our testing across the delivery lifecycle
- Advice on re-designing how we report and track bugs? - The devs are not keen on the change as we have to re-design how we report and track bugs. Do you have any advice?
- How to test a flight simulator? - After Alexandre Bauduin's brilliant TestBash Netherlands talk, it seemed appropriate to re-visit this topic now we know more.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Progress Telerik!
Blazing fast test recording and performance optimizations in automated testing will be only a pinch of the good stuff the Telerik Test Studio team will show you in our upcoming release webinar on November 11. Join us live and learn the latest trends in UI automation and codeless testing. Register today.
Community News & Podcasts
- Dealing With Change - At some point, you will need to cope with change.
- How to Improve Quality - Learn how to deal with quality and risks and apply it to your current project and your current situation.
- Test Planning Simplified - Don't bore your stakeholders with lengthy test plan documents. Simon has provided leaner, simpler, more easily digestible options.
- Episode 852 - Tools, Tips and Tricks - How To Check Those Checksum Values On Downloads - What they are, why download sites post them and how to check them.
- Educating Future Generations of Testers with Simon Prior - Simon will share some ways to coach up your teams to become testing leaders in your organization.
99-Minute Workshops - October
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- API Testing With Postman - Join Suman Bala at 12pm UK Time - 19th October 2020
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 6pm UK Time - 21st October 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Agile testing: break silos and build quality in from the start - Shift the focus from defect finding to defect prevention.
- Webinar: Automating visual testing with Percy - Mike Fotinakis explains how Percy automates visual testing and helps in detecting the most elusive visual changes.
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Minute Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Masterclass: Optimize For Remote Execution - 8pm UK Time - 22nd October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
- HolidayBash - 4th - 5th December 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Cognitive Accessibility and Machine Learning - faDiscussion and goals, User Testing/Cognitive/ML, Testing example, Inclusive design can support ML, New solutions for inclusion and Risks / Warnings.
- Refine, Remodel, Rebuild: 3 Strategies for Experience Improvement - To improve customer experience, organizations can choose solutions ranging from low to high investment and impact, depending on their current state, budget, risk tolerance, transformation readiness, and unmet needs.
- Github announces third-party code scanning tools - 10 new third-party tools available with GitHub code scanning.
- Three npm packages found opening shells on Linux, Windows systems - Any computer that has this package installed or running should be considered fully compromised.
- Gata Structures with Lizzie Portilla - Austin, Online
- Stuart Day: How to Achieve Speed With Quality - Nottingham
- Workshop - ISTQB Foundation 2018 syllabus with Kate Nesmyelova - Auckland