Weekly Newsletter: 30 Days of DevOps Testing has started!
This newsletter is kindly supported by Practitest!
The 8th OnlineTestConf (May 19-21st) is quickly approaching. Extreme testing challenges and success stories will be revealed in this line-up of sessions with some amazing speakers. Attendance is free but the knowledge shared will be priceless. View the program and save your seat!
Testing and the Community
- 30 Days of DevOps - The 30 Days of Testing Challenge is back!
- TestBash Home Conversations - So many conversations and resources shared from TestBash Home
- 30 Days of DevOps Day 1: Definitions - Share your definition as part of our #30DaysOfTesting
- TestBash Home – The First 12 Hours (#Sketchnotes) - TestBash Home is finally here!
- Would Heu-Risk It? Part 29: Tunnel Vision - Cognitive bias is a thing we should always be aware of.
- 7 Ingredients of such a unique testbash home recipe - Emna shares what TestBash Home meant for her.
- Android testing tools - Android tools that may enhance your testing skills.
- TestBash Home: Setting the Bar High for Virtual Conferences - Great insight from Ali.
- Community Is Dead, Long Live The Community - Maybe it's not dead after all.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - API Testing - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 12th May 2020
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 15th - 16th October 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 30th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- Minimize the browser with Selenium Webdriver - Or should you? - You can now minimize the browser window with Selenium WebDriver.
- Don’t “check” or “verify” in your tests - Interesting take on naming conventions.
- How to choose a programming language for test automation - There are a lot to choose from.
- Configuring NUnit 2 to run different tests in each environment - Quick look at ways to do this with NUnit 3.
- Sauce Labs Offers Software Testing to COVID-19 Innovators - Extending their Open Sauce program to offer free and reduced-cost testing for organizations innovating to address COVID-19.
- Announcing BrowserStack Summer of Learning - A free 5-part webinar series designed to help QA and engineering teams of all sizes learn and scale test automation.
- Why We Say Accessibility is Now More Important than Ever - Hasn’t accessibility always been important?
- 7 Best Practices for Live Auto Captioning Quality - The demand for live online events has increased and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon.
- Creating Accessible Forms - General form accessibility.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Frustrations in testing & what to do about them? - Ever felt like testers have a frustrating job?
- Episode 732 - Nintendo Confirms Breached Accounts, Enable Multi-Factor Now - This episode talks about the breach and why and how it's so important to enable multi-factor authentication on all your accounts.
- Episode 43 Keyaan Williams: Humble Leadership, Big Impact - Keyaan shares some leadership advice, offers wisdom on communicating security risk to non-technical executives, and updates us on his efforts to make security a more open and collaborative space.
- The Agile Fluency Model with Diana Larsen - Diana is a world-renown author, speaker and co-founder of The Agile Fluency Model.
- The Guilty Tester - Episode 15 - Testbash Manchester Unexpo 2019 Part 3 - In October 2019 they went to TestBash Manchester and had an Unexpo stand talked about guilt in software testing and collected things that people felt guilty about.
- 176: Hacking hacks and university attacks - Journalists spying on their rivals, the NHS rejects Apple and Google's approach to Coronavirus-tracing, and universities are hit by an old-fashioned lady attack.
- Quality Coach Roadshow: Tim O'Brien Wargaming Sydney - Testing Strategies and Rework - Chatting with Tim to give us an understanding of how quality coaching fits into this unique context.
- Ministers plan to give more UK public bodies power to access phone data - Expansion of ‘snooper’s charter’ would allow more authorities to access web browsing histories.
- Evil Eye Threat Actor Resurfaces with iOS Exploit and Updated Implant - The most notable threat actor detailed was one Volexity call Evil Eye.
- You Won't Believe what this One Line Change Did to the Chrome Sandbox - How they used the bug to develop a chain of execution to escape the sandbox as used for the GPU Process on Chrome/Edge or the default content sandbox in Firefox.
- Contributor's Meeting - Manchester
- Leigh Rathbone - Online, Nottingham
- Remote Working? Or Not Remotely Working? - Online, Sheffield
- The MoTrix: Accessibility for beginners with Elizabeth Fiennes - Online
- MoT Berlin #23 - Online Lean Coffee - Online, Berlin
- The MoT-rix: Accessibility for Beginners - Online, Auckland
- Virtual Lean Coffee - Online, France