Weekly Newsletter: An Introduction To The Automation Test Wheel
This newsletter is kindly supported by US!
TestBash San Francisco November 6th - 7th 2019
The TestBash San Francisco experience has been carefully crafted to bring you all the relevant topics impacting our field from a diverse range of voices.
Testing and the Community
- (Mis)Using Personas with the Seven Dwarfs - Cassandra H. Leung - The talks from TestBash Germany are now live!
- An Introduction To The Automation Test Wheel - Kristin has conceived of the idea of an Automation Test Wheel in a bid to incorporate all test types.
- TestBash Manchester 2019: Everything You Need to Know - Schedules, registration times, meetups and workshop.
- Better Than Eurovision - TestBash is Back in the Netherlands!
- Born to Explore - T-shirts are on sale, both adult and child sizes!
- Let's get rid of exploratory testing - I’m interested in hearing about any experiences where people have ONLY tested something using scripted testing.
- Forgetting How To Test? - Yes, quite possibly we are. And while we do so, we’re learning very unproductive ways to talk about testing.
- Analytics - The Brain of the Software - This post helps you understand the importance of Analytics and why you need to know more about it.
- A demonstration of Mutation Testing - A simple example of how test coverage can be misleading and introducing mutation testing as a way to address those shortcomings.
- Say yes to auto deploy, it can be only one click away! - Somehow we were always a little bit reticent to turn on the full auto deployment for production. But why?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Mobile Testing - Daniel Knott - 8th October at 8pm UK Time
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th May 2020
- Public sector website accessibility regulations come into force - It initially applies to all new sites – those launched on or after 23 September 2018 – and will apply older ones from the same date of next year.
- The value of baking Accessibility Testing into the QA process - It can be easy to forget about the accessibility requirements your users may have.
- Usability for Seniors: Challenges and Changes - Users ages 65 and older face unique challenges when using websites and apps.
- Validate strongly typed options when using config sections - This blog shows how to implement validation of your configuration classes using data annotations.
- Data driven testing in C# with NUnit and RestSharp - Bas expanding on some basic tests in C# for RESTful APIs using NUnit and the RestSharp library by showing you how to make these tests data driven.
- Lazy Automation – Defer Locating For Better Logs - Being lazy can be a good thing when applied appropriately.
- Configuring Cypress to work with iFrames & cross-origin sites - could come in handy.
- Who & Where Is Your Audience… Really? - Tracking customer locations, you can fine-tune your website.
- How to Test Electron Apps - Electron is a great example of a platform that can make testing difficult by merging web and desktop paradigms.
- Product Questions to Ask Customers Across the Product Life Cycle - In product development, timing is everything.
- Did You Really Mean …? - Communication is key, working remotely it can often be hard to understand the intent behind the message.
- A New Approach to IoT Security - With the rapid increase in IoT devices, the concern towards IoT security is also increasing.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Episode 586 - Security Terms Application Developers Should Know - Writing code also requires knowledge of security concepts and methods.
- The Testing Show: A Career in Testing - Have you thought about what brought you to your testing career thus far lately?
- Creating Inclusive Team Cultures: A Conversation with Cheryl Hammond - About invisible diversity, the benefits and potential drawbacks of user manuals, and why leaders need to actively build trust.
- 147: Don't Snapchat and drive - How is private medical data leaking onto the streets of Milton Keynes, what is widening the cybersecurity skills gap, and how is Australia controversially tackling the problem of drivers using their mobile phones?
- 'Carpet-bombing' DDoS attack takes down South African ISP for an entire day - Mysterious attackers have taken down a South African internet service provider over the weekend using a DDoS technique called carpet bombing, ZDNet has learned.
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps from 400 developers - Cambridge Analytica fallout yielded tens of thousands of app suspensions and bans.
- Microsoft urges Windows users to install emergency security patch - A security flaw in some versions of Internet Explorer could allow an attacker to remotely run malicious code on an affected device.
- High-severity vulnerability in vBulletin is being actively exploited - Devs push a fix for the flaw, but hackers are still hitting unpatched sites.
- CafePress finally warns customers that it was hacked - 23,205,290 unique email addresses are thought to have been stolen by hackers from CafePress’s systems alongside passwords.
- iOS 13 has a nasty location privacy bug - It appears iOS 13 is not respecting the “Location” privacy setting users select for certain apps.
- EventBoss - Event Organiser - Remote.
- Software Tester (Graduate/Junior) - Milton Keynes, UK.
- Principal Test Engineer - Bradford , UK.
- Pre-TestBash Workshop Social - Manchester
- MoTEC - Part 6 - Edinburgh
- Lightning Talks, episode 2 - Paris
- TestBash Manchester meets #BuildTheBBC - Manchester
- National Security Month Edition: Security Testing - Bergen
- TestingCR and SWE Meetup - Costa Rica
- #NottsTest - Gem Hill & George Grinnell-Moore - Nottingham
- Testing Platforms and tools - Sheffield
- 3era meetup TestingUy 2019 - Uruguay
- Post TestBash Social at The Landing - Manchester
- Bughunting Explored - Utrecht