Weekly Newsletter: Do you have the skills to make changes at work?
This newsletter is kindly supported by us!
TestBash San Francisco Early Birds are Ending!
We have packed two days with talks covering all aspects of testing. Everything you might need to progress as a tester, including being surrounded by a friendly, supportive testing community!
Testing and the Community
- Power Hour - Automation - We've a new Power Hour with Angie Jones on all things Automation! Get your questions in before 7pm (UK Time) on 30th July.
- Defining Process Definitions - How can software testers help define process definitions?
- Issue/Defect Management - Sure this is a wide-ranging question, but how do you raise, manage and track them?
- 2019 TestBash Australia - Who is attending? - Attendees are sharing - are you planning on attending?
- Submit Your Talk to TestBash Brighton - The call for papers is closing on Friday 2nd August, not long left to submit!
- Testing on VR world - Interesting to read the similarities and differences between VR testing and other app testing.
- Leaders, do you understand the impact of your conversation style on your team? - How we talk to our team can drastically impact how we work.
- Skills for driving change - Do you want to enact more changes at your work?
Automation and Machine Learning
- Injecting cookies in your testcafe automation - An alternative to authenticate without going through the login page.
- Testing a maybe with machine learning. - Great post about shifting our mindset to comparing accuracy rather than pass/fail mentality when dealing with ML.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Power Hour on Automation - 30th July 2109, 7pm UK Time
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Communities of Practice - Lee Marshall - 13th August 2019, 8pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- Screen Reader Accessibility Testing: An Introduction - This article focuses on the assistive technology known as screen readers.
- New LoadNinja Updates: Geographic Distribution of Load - Lots more useful functionality with this recent update.
- Enhancing The Robustness Of CI/CD Pipeline With Test Automation - Implementing a CI/CD pipeline is not enough.
- API Testing Mistake #1: Focus on the Most Typical Messages - Robert Schneider - All of us want to create reliable and effective API tests.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Melissa Eaden: It's Never a One Person Job - Robby speaks with Melissa Eaden. She shares her experience working with legacy code as it relates to testing.
- E21 - What To Include In A Training Program For New Testers - We all have new testers joining our teams at some point.
- Assessing Testing and Deployment - it’s episode 56 where we talk about Assessing Testing and Deployment with Amy Phillips.
- 262: Testing Torchbearer of Truth with Mush Honda - Do you see yourself as a torchbearer of testing truth?
- Episode 543 - A 2019 Tech Prediction Coming True - Forced Multi-Factor At A Bank - This episode goes over the prediction and what it means going forward.
- The Testing Show: UX and Usability - How often do we look at an application and wonder what the people who were designing it were thinking?
- Cloud Insights - An infrastructure monitoring tool that gives you visibility into your complete infrastructure.
- Screenshot API - It will help you build powerful visual regression testing applications or screenshot based test reporting.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): What you need to know to be compliant - California's new privacy law, AB 375, might not burden security as much as the GDPR, but details are subject to change.
- NSA to establish a defense-minded division named the Cybersecurity Directorate - The NSA's new Cybersecurity Directorate to become operational in October.
- My browser, the spy: How extensions slurped up browsing histories from 4M users - Have your tax returns, Nest videos, and medical info been made public?
- Facebook to Pay Over $5 Billion Following FTC, SEC Settlements - they'll also have to to provide the FTC with new monitoring tools after an investigation launched following the Cambridge Analytica events.
- New information about Slack’s 2015 security incident - In response to new information about their 2015 security incident, they are resetting passwords for approximately 1% of Slack accounts.
- No, the Met Police wasn’t hacked. But its Twitter account and website were hijacked - Late on Friday night, some rather out-of-character tweets seemed to be coming out of New Scotland Yard.
- Risk or Fear: What Drives Your Testing with Jenna Charlton and 5 Year Birthday! - Detroit
- Owning Your Future In Software QA Career - Cairo
- Talking about Testing - Software Testing Clinic Nottingham
- 2da meetup TestingUy 2019 - Uruguay