Weekly Newsletter: Explore outages and discover your testing rhythm
This newsletter is kindly supported by Wonderproxy!
You can't see where you're going. From our versatile testing solutions to our worldwide network of proxy servers, WonderProxy is built for localization testing. Squash those bugs and ship that next release.
Testing and the Community
- Software Testing Essentials Live - Do you know someone that wants to get started in testing? This course is the best thing to help them take positive steps in their testing career.
- Testers' Island Discs Ep35 - Mark Tomlinson - Mark shares five tracks that not only are personal favourites but each also has a testing story such as how the rhythm of one track reminds him of the ‘rhythm’ of an application he once ran performance tests against.
- Masterclass: Testing and Quality: Correlation does not equal Causation with Theresa Neate - Testing and building in quality go hand in hand.
- How to Plan a Workshop? - Do you have an idea for a workshop but not sure how to plan or structure it? Mark's Masterclass will help you.
- Test Management adaptations in times of Distributed Testing - Incredibly useful information on managing your remote team during these testing times.
- Automation in Testing Online - 3-Day Course - The Super Early Bird tickets have already sold out, so if you're planning on attending we'd recommend getting your tickets before they're gone.
- 30 Days of DevOps Day 22: Explore Outages - If this isn't something you've not experienced, maybe you can investigate some well-documented outages.
- Mental Health Awareness - It was Mental Health Awareness Week, however, it is a theme throughout the month. Join the Club discussions, share your stories, find actions that can help you.
- Is it possible to perform testing without any requirements? - Being asked to perform testing on a piece of software without a requirements document is something that should rarely occur.
- RiskStorming: Coronavirus Tracker App - Would you have come up with the same risks?
- Why I'm talking to developers about exploratory testing - It’s on us as testers to build an understanding of testing techniques to help the whole team reach the quality that they want to achieve.
- Musings from a remote pairer - Have you tried remote pairing?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Software Testing Essentials Live Online - 1st - 3rd June 2020
- Masterclass: Testing and Quality: Correlation does not equal Causation - 8pm UK Time - 9th June 2020
- Automation in Testing Online - 3-Day Course - 22nd - 24th June 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16h October 2020
- Seven Steps to Solve Any Coding Problem - Take some of the mystery out of coding.
- Adding more stability to your Cypress Tests - 6 tips that could help you.
- Making automation better - How to move from one automated test to a scalable automation solution, which provides value and is reliable, usable, and fast?
- Working with windows/tabs in Selenium - When testing requires you to work with multiple open windows or tabs, Selenium is here to help.
- Product Updates: Introducing Simplified Local Testing, App Automate CLI, and New Mobile Devices - The latest news from BrowserStack.
- The Power of Digital Confidence - It is clear that digital confidence is poised to take the spotlight as a key enabler for organizations that want to grow their business.
- Report: COVID-19 Crisis is Driving Digital Accessibility Awareness - Survey Shows Resurgence in Digital Transformation Efforts Offering Opportunity for Organizations to Become More Accessible to People with Disabilities.
- Accessible Images For When They Matter Most - Creating accessible images seems like a simple topic at first glance — you just need to add alt text to an image, right?
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Performance testing in times of crisis and the story of Gatling.io - An interview with Paul-Henri Pillet, CEO of Gatling.
- Episode 745 - WordPress Plug-In Impacts 1 Million Websites, Don't Forget To Update Everything - This episode talks about those flaws and why it's vital to not forget to maintain your 3rd party components.
- Technical Debt - James Smith - Technical debt has to be dealt with on a regular basis to have a healthy product and development team.
- Fast and reliable cross-browser testing using Playwright with Arjun Attam - Web apps are becoming increasingly sophisticated and need to run against multiple devices.
- AB Testing – Episode 121: Peter Senge is Old - Talking a bit about Covid (again), touch on a few random subjects, and then find time to answer a few mailbag questions.
- How can varnish and squid cache be helpful? - How Varnish and Squid Cache can be helpful both in the context of website performance as well as the work-from-home situation many of us find ourselves in.
- 179: Deepfake Jay-Z, and beer apps spilling your data - Apps that belch out sensitive military information, what could the world learn from South Korea's digital response to the Coronavirus pandemic, and who has been deepfaking Bill Clinton, Jay-Z, and Donald Trump... and why?
- Random numbers to protect privacy in a pandemic app - Another interesting take on the tracking app.
- Cyberattack hits internal IT systems of key player in British power market - Cutting off email access for employees.
- Security Flaws in Adobe Acrobat Reader Allow Malicious Program to Gain Root on macOS Silently -Three critical vulnerabilities reported.
- May Meetup - The tech response to lockdown - Online, Manchester
- Webinar: Cultura DevOps y Agile impartida por Manuel Cubillo - Online, Costa Rica
- Webinar: Design for Understanding - Kevin Richardson - Online, Uruguay
- Movie Night - "Techniques for Generating and Managing Test Data" - Omose Ogala - Online, Auckland
- Parveen Khan - Journey to DevOps - Online, Buckinghamshire
- Topic: TDD/BDD what are these-An introduction Come meet testers (like you) - Cincinnati, Online