Weekly Newsletter: Falsehoods testers believe
This newsletter is kindly supported by Sauce Labs!
It’s a great time to try the Sauce Labs Continuous Testing Cloud! Dave Haeffner’s Selenium Guidebook is available to anyone who signs up for a free trial. Dave’s Selenium guidance plus the Sauce Labs platform offers a powerful combination of comprehensive testing coverage and proven advice to help automated testing newbies and veterans alike.
Testing and the Community
- Testbash Manchester 2020 - The online reboot with new star-studded cast. Yet another reason to become a Pro MoT member.
- Community Thoughts: Falsehoods Testers Believe - I think we can all relate to these.
- Value and Visibility by Gem Hill - How do you figure out where and how to add value once you stop doing hands on testing day to day?
- What are the most important questions software testers should ask? - What questions do you ask?
- Advice on test automation approach - What would you advise on as to best approach to structuring the framework to run across different regions, with different features enabled/disabled via feature toggles?
- Stuck in the Middle - Finding a solution to setting up HTTP/HTTPS monitoring.
- Why Care About Releasing? - How often do you release software?
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Min Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Masterclass: Reporting on Testing & Quality - 8pm UK Time - 11th August 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
- Testing Iframes with Cypress - Can we still use Cypress to automate iframes? There might be a way.
- Execute Android Appium Tests in Docker Containers Using Selenoid - How to run your Android Appium tests using Selenoid.
- BrowserStack has acquired Percy - Percy helps teams automate visual testing.
- Selenium 4 Relative Locators - The purpose of Relative Locators is to find a specific element regarding the position of another element.
- Announcing TestProject’s New OpenSDK - Aiming to provide a single, integrated interface to scripting with the most popular open source test automation frameworks.
- Katalon Studio and Applitools: When Codeless Meets AI - The tool allows for a simplified getting started process and robust testing capabilities to assure product performance.
- UX Series: Universal Design and Digital Accessibility - Universal design is an inclusive design framework used to create barrier-free designs that are navigable and usable by everyone, including people with disabilities.
- In Web Design, Accessibility Shouldn’t Be an Afterthought - More disability-led teams and semantically-rich markup, less needless decoration.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Episode 785 - OAuth Attacks Are On The Rise, What Is It And How To Protect Yourself - Phishing attacks are evolving to find new, sneakier ways to compromise your accounts and get your data.
- 187: Huawei ban, MGM hack, and a contact-tracing cock-up - Login chaos for the UK's contact tracing service, Britain's Huawei 5G ban, MGM's blockbuster breach, and how to pronounce "Gigabyte."
- The Testing Show: Career Development in the Time of COVID - Plans for Career Development and conferring with others are transforming to meet the unique challenges.
- AB Testing – Episode 124: Learning with Maaret - Talking about her role, the role of testing in general, mob programming, and a whole lot of other topics.
- Russian cyberops are targeting COVID-19 vaccine R&D, intelligence agencies warn - Russian cyber espionage is targeting efforts to develop a coronavirus vaccine in a number of countries.
- How to unc0ver a 0-day in 4 hours or less - Running effective regression tests is a necessity for basic software testing, and a common starting point for exploitation.
- Cisco releases security fixes for critical VPN, router vulnerabilities - The worst bugs can be exploited for remote code execution and privilege escalation attacks.
- Webinar: Sesgos cognitivos en las pruebas - Francisco Moreno - Online, Uruguay
- Comment industrialiser le test d'une application Android en 2020? - Online, France
- TDD for Testers, with Gary Fleming - Online, Glasgow
- Lunchtime TestSphere Discussion - Online, Buckinghamshire
- Market Insights & Advice for Job Hunting in These Uncertain Times - Auckland
- 2020 Careers night - Online, Brisbane