Weekly Newsletter: How Can We Help You Develop Your Career?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Kualitee!
For QA teams working with tough timelines, Kualitee test management tool is a real time saver. From reusability of test cases, to one-click reporting of automated and manual testing, to defect management, it shrinks down time for quick software delivery.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- One Off TestBash Tickets - You can now get individual tickets to TestBash Manchester!
- Reducing Waste In Scrum And Improving Team Efficiency - This article describes a retrospective activity to improve your Scrum process based on the 8 lean wastes.
- Tech Trends and You - In the hyper agile era, the role of a Software Tester is ever-changing.
- Let’s Go Larvae Hunting! with Jen Kitson - Identify issues early and we have a chance to fix them with less work, meaning we need fewer expensive bug fixes later in the development process.
- No estimates: dream or reality - Darryn Downey - Estimation is key to the success of any agile team...or is it? This talk will answer that question.
- How Can We Help You Develop Your Career? - If your boss asked you what would you say to them?
Community News & Podcasts
- Lesser known Cypress.io tricks - Some undocumented or not so widely used features that you might find helpful.
- Testers can learn from the Hunger games - We as testers in agile teams need to adapt to changes. Try to do it, then you will survive.
- Test Smarter, Not Harder - Some people avoid writing tests. Some drudge through it painfully.
There is a better way.
- Episode 128: Brent’s Path to Modern Testing - Brent’s testing career and how he found his way into the thing we now call Modern Testing.
- Episode 836 - Personal Story, How To Detect A Scam Website - It can happen to anyone, even security professionals and experts.
- The Testing Show: Dealing with Tech Burnout - It's safe to say that 2020 has introduced challenges into people's lives in unprecedented ways
99-Minute Workshops - September - October
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps - Join Lena Wiberg at 12pm UK Time - 5th October 2020
- API Testing With Postman - Join Suman Bala at 12pm UK Time - 19th October 2020
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 6pm UK Time - 21st October 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Speeding Up Your Tests - Unlikely disclaimer: test speed might not be what you should be prioritizing.
- Become an Expert Customer-Advocate in 5 Steps - "I have always promoted the concept that our job as testers is to provide quality to the products being released with the end user in mind."
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Minute Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Career Building - 8pm UK Time - 13th October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- VoiceOver on iOS 14 Supports Description Lists - Neither VoiceOver on iOS nor iPadOS had support for this core feature of HTML that was in existence for 16 years when VoiceOver was released — until now with the release of iOS / iPadOS version 14.
- First Steps to an Accessible Website - Once you have your Accessibility Statement in place, it is time to focus on some of the most common and basic accessibility issues.
- Twitter warns of possible API keys leak - Incorrect server settings on the Twitter Developer portal led to browsers caching API keys, account access token and secret.
- Cisco warns over 25 high-impact flaws in its IOS and IOS XE software - Cisco urges customers using IOS and IOS XE devices and software to apply updates for dozens of high-severity vulnerabilities.
- TMMi, world standard for test process improvement - Erik van Veenendaal - Online, Uruguay
- Sept 2020 -Growing A Culture of Quality by Simon Prior - Online, Manila