Weekly Newsletter: How do you test and plan for edge cases?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Wonderproxy!
Combine a robust global proxy network with flexible interactive & automated testing tools to verify what your website looks like to customers around the world. Leave the localization guesswork behind with WonderProxy.
Testing and the Community
- An Introverted Experience At TestBash Manchester - For the socially anxious and introverted, it is possible to attend a TestBash alone and you'll gain an unbelievable amount from the experience.
- New Security Topic Page - A new page gathering all of our articles, courses, webinars and podcasts on Security all in one place!
- 30 Days of Quality Day 1: Definitions - It’s a tricky thing to define quality and I expect there are going to be some interesting posts to discuss.
- How do you test and plan for edge cases - How do testers these days plan for testing for edge cases and how they work effectively with other team members?
- How did you miss that bug? - How can the whole team help prevent issues in future?
- Testing is Like Finding Exoplanets - Interesting way of looking at testing.
- The Regression Death Spiral - Sounds painfully familiar.
- Do we size bugs with story points? - Some helpful info.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Rewrite Vs Refactor - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 10th March 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Strategies - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 31st March 2020
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th - 29th May 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 26th June 2020
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- Why accessibility is an important part of Customer Experience (CX) - What is digital accessibility at its core?
- Decoding Label and Name for Accessibility - The way these terms are used in WCAG does not always match how they are used by developers.
- Things to consider when doing usability testing with disabled people - They are not only a great way to evaluate the accessibility of the interface, but they can also help to grow awareness of accessibility within the design and development team.
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Manual Accessibility Testing with the Keyboard and Screen Readers - Are these things you consider?
- More Fun With Cypress - How to integrate API and UI tests together in Cypress.
- Feature Switching for Release Testing - Is this something you deal with?
- Robot Framework: The Key to Improve Testing - The Robot Framework is a generic open source automation framework for acceptance testing, acceptance test driven development (ATDD), and robotic process automation (RPA).
- Mobile Testing Considerations: Android versus iOS - Have you adopted a mobile first approach?
- Different Strategies to Reduce Scope Creep in Requirements - Good reminders and some solid processes you could introduce.
- Parameterizing Your Robot Framework Tests - Practical information to get it working.
- Open Source Spotlight: Star Wars Intro Creator with Bruno Orlandi - A thoroughly nostalgic project, it lets you type any text and see it roll across the screen like Star Wars opening credits.
- Open source load testing tool review 2020 - Comparing the best open source load testing tools since 2017.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Ali Hill - Developer at ECS Digital Episode 5 - Anne-Marie Charrett speaks to Ali Hill on Quality Coaching security controls on an AWS Infrastructure.
- 99 Android phones and Google Maps - Berlin artist tricked Google maps into thinking there was a traffic jam. Also, how Strava location data being shared had unintended consequences.
- Episode 692 - Use The Coronavirus To Improve Your IT Disaster Recovery Plans - Is your business and personnel ready to deal with disruptions?
- AB Testing – Episode 116: What’s the Deal with ISTQB? - We have an in-depth discussion on the recently published Vision on the Future of Software Testing from ISTQB.
- 168: The Bitcoin fraud factory - Fraudsters steal millions from those hoping to jump on the Bitcoin bandwagon, Twitter verifies a fake US politician, and it's another face palm for facial recognition.
- Clearview’s Facial Recognition App Has Been Used By The Justice Department, ICE, Macy’s, Walmart, And The NBA - Company is working with more than 2,200 law enforcement agencies, companies, and individuals around the world.
- Android malware can steal Google Authenticator 2FA codes - A new version of the "Cerberus" Android banking trojan will be able to steal one-time codes generated by the Google Authenticator app and bypass 2FA-protected accounts.
- Flaw in billions of Wi-Fi devices left communications open to eavesdropping - Cypress and Broadcom chip bug bit iPhones, Macs, Android devices, Echoes, and more.