Weekly Newsletter: How to Overcome the Challenges Testers Face
This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
Temporal testing is critical for date sensitive business rules such as insurance rates, billing, and enrollment. Efficient time travel testing can increase your test coverage, accelerate development, and improve software quality. Read our whitepaper to learn the 5 ways to time travel software!
Testing and the Community
- MoT Podcast - Carlos Meets Joel Montvelisky - Carlos talks with Joel about some of the challenges testers face in modern software development, how they can adapt and help.
- TestBash New Zealand Online 2020 - All You Need Is An Internet Connection - You can submit your talk idea to speak to TestBash New Zealand. We hope to show off the vibrant New Zealand testing community, and the country's beauty to the rest of the world!
- TestBash Manchester Call For Papers is Closing - You have until the 14th June to get your talk idea submitted.
- Exploring DevOps Like a Tester by Parveen Khan - Just when we, as testers, got a handle on what Agile means for us, the landscape changed yet again to a DevOps culture.
- The Motrix : Lukasz Nowanski - Real world Example of Performance Testing - Based on a real project example Lukasz will show how performance testing helped him find a bottleneck in a microservice that was under development.
- Ways to apply Automated/Automation Testing? - Andrea was tasked with researching ‘ways to apply automated testing’. Does anyone have any websites that explain this to a newbie easily that have helped you in the past?
- What makes good testing? Wrong answers only - There are some interesting answers.
- Resources for Self-Education and Allyship - Angela has gathered useful resources for self-education and allyship.
- Modern Test Leadership with Simon Prior (Lean Coffee Discussion Notes) - Interesting write up about a recent lean coffee meetup.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Testing and Quality: Correlation does not equal Causation - 8pm UK Time - 9th June 2020
- Automation in Testing Online - 3-Day Course - 22nd - 24th June 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16h October 2020
- Test.bash(); Online - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
- Cypress: PageObjects using inheritance - You are using the PageObjects pattern to encapsulate the details of each page. You want to avoid duplicated code.
- Short Learning Series: Automated Visual Regression Testing with Applitools Eyes - An introduction to Applitools Eyes.
- Why you should consider TestProject for your next test automation solution - Have you investigated TestProject?
- Looking beyond the numbers of the State of Testing report - This year’s report, which was released a couple of months ago presents some interesting insights.
- Webinar: Speed up your releases with parallelization in Selenium - Manual testing may take a few days. Automated testing can take a few hours. But to ship quality releases multiple times a day, you need reliable feedback in minutes.
- Getting Started with Page Object Models in Python - Michael shows you how to get going with Page Objects.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Gonçalo Silva: How A Fully-Remote Team Builds and Maintains Software - Discussing embracing continuous improvements, having a healthy level of skepticism about rewrites.
- Quality Coaching Roadshow: Lisa Crispin, Janet Gregory, Anne-Marie Charrett: Part 2 - Talking about remote working and coaching remotely, consulting vs coaching, finding a Purpose, Pomodoro and taking small steps when in unchartered waters.
- Episode 756 - Apple Pays $100,000 Bounty For Critical Sign In With Apple Bug - Apple paid out $100,000 to a security researcher for discovering a critical security defect with the Sign In With Apple feature.
- 181: Anti-cybercrime ads, tricky tracing, and a 5G Bioshield - Police are hoping to stop kids becoming cybercriminals by bombarding them with Google Ads, phishers rub their hands in glee at the NHS track and trace service, and just how does a nano-layer of quantum holographic catalyzer technology make a USB stick cost hundreds of pounds?
- NSA warns of new Sandworm attacks on email servers - Russia's military hackers have been attacking Exim email servers to plant backdoors since August 2019.
- IBM releases toolkit aimed at keeping data encrypted even while in use - IBM's new toolkit aims to give developers easier access to fully homomorphic encryption, a nascent technology with significant promise for a number of security use cases.
- Zoom plans to roll out strong encryption for paying customers - Zoom plans to strengthen the encryption of video calls hosted by paying clients.
- Meetup #4: June Online Meetup - Online, Kuala Lumpur
- "Thinking outside the box: cognitive bias and testing" - Lisa Crispin - Online, Uruguay
- Movie Night - Learning to Ask for Testability - Nicola Owens - Online, Auckland
- Kristin Jackvony, Get Organized for Postman Testing Success - Online, Boston
- #NottsTest - Lisi Hocke: Growing an Experiment-driven Quality Culture - Online, Nottingham
- Dan Billing - Transcendental Learning from the Space Time Continuum - Online, Edinburgh
- Meetup #12 - Coffee with James Bach - Software Exploratory Testing - Online, Manila
- Management 3.0 ¿Sabes qué es? - Online, Costa Rica
- Women in Software Testing - Online, Athens