Weekly Newsletter: Integrating and Planning Three Amigos Sessions
This newsletter is kindly supported by Sauce Labs!
Weren’t able to attend SauceCon—or just want to catch up on additional sessions from experts like Richard Bradshaw, Alan Richardson, Angie Jones and others? You’re in luck! Our friends at Sauce Labs recorded them and you can watch them at your leisure.
Testing and the Community
- Testing and Quality- Our recent Masterclass with Theresa Neate is now available to all of our pro members.
- Transcendental Learning from the Space Time Continuum - Dan Billing shares how his love of Doctor Who has shaped his learning, growth and perspectives as a tester.
- Why We Test - We test to find out things about an application in order to ensure that our end users have a good experience with it.
- Your First Testing Job vs Now - What differences are there between your first testing job and your current one?
- How Do You Integrate and Plan Three Amigos Sessions? - Can you help with any of these questions?
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Quality Coaching - 8pm UK Time - 14th July 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16h October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
- Automation First Microheuristic - Help deciding when to automate.
- Protractor in TypeScript - Part 3: CSS vs. xPath Selectors - some tips and tricks in choosing the right selectors and how to use them.
- Sketchnotes – The Big Secret - Sharing some useful tips that might just encourage you enough to try it out.
- From Home to Prod: 6 Remote Testing Best Practices from Agile Teams - During global lockdowns, software isn’t eating the world. It’s helping save it.
- Using The Continuous Testing Benchmark to Build Digital Confidence - The CTB is the only report of its kind that allows teams to compare themselves against industry benchmarks.
- Guide to Test Automation with Robot Framework - Robot Framework allows testers to easily write automated test scripts using a keyword-driven testing approach.
- Accessibility Testing: The Ins and Outs and How To Do It - Outlining the importance and types of accessibility testing, specific things you can test for, and free tools that can help you execute your tests.
- Building the Woke Web: Web Accessibility, Inclusion & Social Justice - Do we need to be able to access it to fully participate in modern society?
- Digital Accessibility, what's beyond guidelines - Let’s try to understand the thin line between compliance and digital accessibility.
- Accessibility - This guide highlights content which can help you create more accessible sites and web applications.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Episode 767 - Covid Contact Tracing Apps, Most Americans Reject The Idea - The apps that have been released haven't been very clear on their privacy terms or how they are using the data collected.
- Lisa Crispin - Observability from a tester's perspective - Lisa talked about the open-source project, OpenTelemetry and mentioned different tools that help to implement observability.
- Python extension for VS Code - Brett Cannon - In this episode, Brett and Brian discuss the Python extension and VS Code.
- Chrome extensions with 33 million downloads slurped sensitive user data - Spying campaign tied to 15,000 malicious or suspicious domains uploaded data.
- To evade detection, hackers are requiring targets to complete CAPTCHAs - Requiring human interaction thwarts automated analysis used by good guys.
- Let's look inside the super-secure DataLocker DL3 encrypted external hard drive - What's inside a super-secure encrypted hard drive?
- Security surprise: Four zero-days spotted in attacks on researchers' fake networks - Previously unknown attacks used against fake systems show big problems remain with industrial systems security.
- Built-in Quality, Growing towards a BIQ ambassador - Derk-Jan De Grood - Online, Uruguay
- Movie Night - Observability: What's Happening Under the Hood? - Pierre Vincent - Online, Auckland
- Gem Hill - Value and Visibility - Online, Buckinghamshire
- TDD/BDD what are these - Cincinnati
- QA tool stack at ManoMano - Online, France
- Transformation Agile, Parlons de l'humain - Online, Casablanca
- Lisa Crispin- A Whole Team Approach to Quality in Continuous Delivery - Online, Manila
- Lunchtime TestSphere Discussion - Buckinghamshire
- A radical approach to buffer management in software development - Online, Brisbane