Weekly Newsletter: Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance
This newsletter is kindly supported by PractiTest!
Dynamically manage scripted, exploratory and automated tests in a designated test management solution that integrates with the tools you are already using. Track progress, share results, improve communication and enhance testing efficiency. Start a free trial to gain complete QA visibility.
Testing and the Community
- Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance: How to Effectively Deliver Unbelievable Test Results - Our next Masterclass happening on 14th April at 8pm UK time.
- Masterclass Recording Rewrite Vs Refactor with Anand Bagmar - This fascinating Masterclass now available to all of our pro members, Ananad has shared a wealth of information.
- State of Testing Training Survey - We're changing how we provide training, help us. Take a few minutes to answer our survey, have your say.
- Culture - A new topic page for you, with an introduction from Jim Holmes.
- 30 Days of Quality Day 13: Podcasts - Have you any podcasts you'd add to the list?
- What does leadership and parenting have in common? - What do you think? We've had some interesting answers, there are likely more insights to gain.
- Strategies for working through Coronovirus outbreak - Covid-19 outbreak is being handled differently across the world, how testers are have been affected, and how you have adapted to changes in working conditions. Interesting discussions happening.
- Software tools - It’s worth investing time in yourself where it comes to tools – learn what they’re capable of and how you can use them to achieve your goals most easily.
- Would Heu-Risk It? Part 24: Lost In Translation - Interesting language problems.
- Test architecture in a nutshell - Useful questions to ask yourself, no harm in getting reminders.
- A Servant Leadership Journey - Do you lead from the front, or from the back?
- Is Your QA Team Prepared for Remote Working? - Some tips to help with remote working.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Strategies - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 31st March 2020
- Masterclass: Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance: How to Effectively Deliver Unbelievable Test Results - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 14th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th - 29th May 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 26th June 2020
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- Web Accessibility Checklist - 16 Things to Improve Your Website Accessibility.
- Create Your Own AHA Moment - When people see the impact of an inaccessible website, they “get it”. They understand why accessibility is critical. That’s an “aha” moment.
- 7 Reasons Why Accessibility Overlays Aren’t a Magical Solution - Because of add ons.
- AWS examples in C# – basic DynamoDB operations - Code examples with DynamoDB write and read operations.
- API Contract Testing Made Easy - This simple example illustrates the importance of contract testing, and the responsibilities of each API team when setting up contracts.
- An Introduction to building a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins and Octopus - A high level overview of building a CI / CD pipeline using Jenkins and Octopus.
- Cypress tips #3: Improve your error screenshots in Cypress - Handy command to know.
- Mocking XHR requests with Cypress - Mocking has some advantages such as faster running of tests and enables your front end tests to be decoupled from any backend API.
- Tracking functional coverage from your api / functional UI (e2e) tests - Tracking and having a high coverage of your product code via automated tests is an important way of building a quality product.
- How to Evolve Your Manual Test Plan Toward Automation - Let's take a look at how to transition from manual test plans to automated testing as an application matures.
- How QA Teams Can Use Software Monitoring Tools - But the reality is that monitoring tools aren't just for IT teams. They can also help QA engineers do their jobs more effectively.
- What do Software Development and Disease Control have in common? - How many times have you heard someone asking to push a small change to production without going over proper testing?
- Key Management with Vault at BrowserStack - In the summer of 2019, we decided it was time to re-architect the key management system of our Rails application.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Episode 698 - Work From Home Week - IT Considerations - With the current situation in the world today perception is becoming reality as a part of that allowing employees to work remotely is something that needs to be addressed.
- Episode 17: Davar Ardalan - A Woman Who Vows to Improve Cultural Intelligence - Davar is aiming to make navigating the global marketplace easier via cultural analysis.
- 169: Burglaries, breaches, and bidets - How one guy's exercise routine made him a burglary suspect, how multi-factor authentication can cause headaches as well as stop hacks, and how Virgin Media got itself in a pickle over its sloppy data security.
- Warning: An Android Security App With 1 Billion Downloads Is Recording Users’ Web Browsing - Clean Master, a security tool promising antivirus protection and private browsing. Do you have it?
- iOS, macOS bug let hackers remotely dump memory - The bug shows how a hacker can remotely dump the memory of iPhones and Macs. Apple has fixed the bugs.
- Contacts of 1m Virgin Media customers left on unsecured database - How secure is your customer database?
- Microsoft delivers emergency patch to fix wormable Windows 10 flaw - Attackers got a head start when critical SMBv3 flaw details leaked.
- Automation Engineer - Northampton or Plymouth, Northamptonshire or Devon. UK
- Quality Analyst & Consultant - Ann Arbor, MI. US
- Ministry of Testing #14 - São Paulo
- Continuous Testing with Containers, with Melissa Benua - Boston