This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings, and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
Testing and the Community
- He hoki tatou! TestBash is back in Wellington, New Zealand! - After an amazing event last year in Wellington, we're excited to be back on the 16th and 17th of November 2020! Will join us at the world's most southern capital?
- The Quality and Testing Information Model - Getting important quality-related information to the right people.
- MoT Podcast - Adam Meets Lindsay Strydom & Shey Crompton - Discussing leadership, coaching and mentoring, as well as, each of their upcoming talks and workshops from TestBash.
- GraphQL As A Platform For Testing - It can help with your Exploratory Testing as well as your Automation.
- Embracing Change: From Tester to Quality Coach with Areti Panou - Webinar recording from a recent Cork Meetup. Great session.
- Around the World with 80 Software Testers - Viv has produced a book with reflections and thoughts based on many people’s own personal experiences, some of which you may agree with, and others you may well not. Worth a look.
- AI for Testing Games - Interesting to see AI being utilised in this way.
- Using Outcome Based Documentation For Scoping Agile Developments - Sometimes documentation is unavoidable. Some guide advice for client-facing documentation.
- Four ways to introduce self-care to software testers - Nice reminders.
- When a Team Does Not Want to Do the Work that Needs to Be Done - Learn to communicate in a way that can resolve problems.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Rewrite Vs Refactor - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 10th March 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Strategies - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 31st March 2020
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th - 29th May 2020
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- ARIA labels - Whatever value is given to
aria-labelwill be accessible to screen reader users, making it much easier to understand a HTML page's structure and purpose.
- XR Accessibility User Requirements - This document lists user needs and requirements for people with disabilities when using virtual reality or immersive environments, augmented or mixed reality and other related technologies (XR).
- Starting with UI tests in Cypress - Some basics to help you get started.
- Using Git for branching and merging - Great basic info to help you get more familiar with Git.
- AWS examples in C# – run the solution - Explanation of how to install and use the solution in AWS examples in C# blog post series.
- An Example-Driven Introduction to Machine Learning — Comparing Sentences - Lots of good information on tools and how ML works.
- What Is Cloud Mobile Testing? - Chris Tozzi goes through an overview of what cloud mobile testing entails, and how to get started.
- Open Source Spotlight: Git History with Rodrigo Pombo - Rodrigo is the creator of Git History, a tool that lets you quickly browse the history of files in any GitHub repo.
- Don’t Mix Friendship or Politics with Testing - Sometimes we feel bad communicating bugs to everyone in the team or the organization, because of the repercussions these findings may have.
- Accessible Internationalization - Your business or website has both a fiscal and ethical case to make itself available and usable to as many people as possible.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Best Automation Practices and Red Flags with Nikolay Advolodkin - Nikolay will share his top automation best practices and things to avoid (hint: BDD). Discover some red flags to look for in your team’s automation efforts.
- AB Testing – Episode 115: Gates and Balmer and Satya (oh my) - This time, we reflect on the Gates, Balmer, and Satya eras at Microsoft.
- Episode 38 Bruce Schneier: On the Future of Public-Interest Tech - Discussing the future of ethical technology and the role technologists can play in positively shaping public policy.
- Application Security - Anthony Shaw - Chatting about Anthony's security plugin, but also application security in general, as well as other security components you need to consider.
- Episode 684 - 500 Malicious Chrome Extensions Removed From Google Web Store - This episode talks about what those extensions were doing and what you can do to protect yourself in the future.
- The Testing Show: Performance Assurance - We've heard of Performance Testing but what is Performance Assurance?
- 'Sloppy' Mobile Voting App Used in Four States Has 'Elementary' Security Flaws - MIT researchers say an attacker could intercept and alter votes.
- One of the most destructive botnets can now spread to nearby Wi-Fi networks - Emotet malware has emerged as a top Internet threat that pillages people’s bank accounts and installs other types of malware.
- A 'stalkerware' app leaked phone data from thousands of victims - A spyware app designed to “monitor everything” on a victim’s phone has been secretly installed on thousands of phones.