Weekly Newsletter: Reporting on Testing & Quality
This newsletter is kindly supported by Xray!
Learn how to prep for continuous testing, add security to DevOps and adopt agile as a team sport.
Testing and the Community
- Collaborating With Distributed Teams on Culture Transformation and Good Practices - Get on the right track to achieve some common goals with your team.
- MoT Podcast - Perspectives On Test Data - Part 1 - Adam, talks to Stuart Crocker, Peet Michielsen and Francesco Gadaleta about their perspectives on test data - what is it, what are typical challenges, and innovative solutions to them.
- Receiving Feedback With Resilience - We need to know how to evaluate the feedback we get and how to receive it effectively.
- Masterclass: Reporting on Testing & Quality - When testing software many times the result of our work is little more than a report. Learn how to make it more impactful.
- New to Performance Testing - Best tools for testing API calls? - What tools can you recommend to Graeme?
- Diversity in Hiring Processes - What have you seen companies do well to ensure that their hiring process is diverse?
- Metrics That Matter - Know which questions are the right questions to be asking and what's important to your team.
- How to be an ally to Non-binary folk in tech - We can all learn something from this.
- Coaching Upwards - Being able to influence upwards is always a critical leadership skill, it's not as straight forward as you'd think.
- “Testers don’t break software!” - Interesting insights from Lena.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Quality Coaching - 8pm UK Time - 14th July 2020
- Masterclass: Reporting on Testing & Quality - 8pm UK Time - 11th August 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
- Using Faker to generate data for your Cypress tests - Useful info on setting up some code to generate fake data.
- Determining The Priority for Test Automation - A smart definition of scope to be automated and test strategy can help you to become more efficient.
Message from sponsor BrowserStack
BrowserStack is hosting a free 4-day virtual summit on everything testing. Breakpoint 2020 features QA leaders and core contributors from Selenium, Twitter, Trivago, Robot Framework, and more to talk about building QA processes, automation at scale, and tooling best practices.
- Breakpoint Speaker Spotlight: Priyanka Halder - Find out more about the Breakpoint 2020 speakers.
- CircleCI vs Jenkins: Choosing The Right CI CD Tool - Many new CI-CD tools have emerged with out-of-the-box features that make you wonder about which CI-CD should you choose.
- When to Run Automated UI Tests: 3 Questions to Ask - UI tests need to adapt to a constantly changing interface, which can make them time consuming to create and maintain.
- 8 Tips For Writing A Smarter Usability Test Script - Tips to help you get a clear picture of your app's/website's usability.
- Accessibility for Product Managers - Something to share with your team?
- We need more inclusive web performance metrics - How are you measuring performance?
- Twitter Introduced Voice Tweets, But They Are Inaccessible To Deaf People - Twitter’s new feature can’t be used by the hard of hearing community, bringing attention to other technology that excludes people with disabilities.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- The Pitfall of Estimations and How (try to) Avoid Them - How long it will take to test? Not the most simple question to answer!
- Testing SAP APIs: Strategy and Execution with Michal Krawczyk - Many testers only focus on manual testing when they have to test an SAP application. There is another way.
- Sofia Palamarchuk - Mobile app performance - Discussing what affects the performance of a mobile app, as well as the challenges in native mobile apps.
- Industrial 3D Printing & Python, Finite State Machines, and Simulating Hardware - Len Wanger - A pretty packed episode.
- Microsoft neuters Office 365 account attacks that used clever ruse - Businesses in 62 countries targeted in a financial fraud scam.
- Smartwatch hack could send fake pill reminders to patients - Smartwatch software used to help elderly patients could easily be hacked and abused, security researchers say.
- During a pandemic, stalkerware becomes even more sinister - Data shows a rise in invasive surveillance software known as stalkerware.
- New Mac ransomware spreading through piracy - A torrent download for Little Snitch included the malware.
- Recipe to pick right test cases for automation - Online, Kuala Lumpur
- ¿Cómo liderar testers? impartida por Federico Toledo - Online, Costa Rica
- o que usamos para testar? - Curitiba
- Travailler sur la Vision Produit - Online, Casablanca
- API Automation with RestSharp - Auckland