This newsletter is kindly supported by TechWell!
Join the testing community for the best.week.ever. in Anaheim, CA. There will be over 100+ learning sessions on the hottest topics—DevOps, test automation, continuous testing, leadership, AI/ML, and more. Early Bird Pricing Until August 30. Explore the Conference
Testing and the Community
- My Fulfilling Experience at TestBash Netherlands 2019 - It all started in a bar where I was having beers with my future boss to-be.
- Tester's Start Your Engines - TestBash Is Coming to the Midwest - That’s right folks, TestBash is coming to Detroit for the first time on 23-24th April 2020
- Navigating A Career Path In Software Testing - These days, the Tester’s role is changing and to stay relevant, you have to be willing to focus on more than the functional aspects of the application.
- Risk or Fear: What drives your testing? - Many say they do risk-based testing, but walking the walk is showing to be more challenging than organizations realized. Jenna Charlton will help you with her talk at TestBash San Francisco - Early Bird tickets end on 30th August!
- Releasing? No big deal. - Interesting read on testing in production.
- The Culture Of Busy - We all love being busy. What is the result of all this busy-ness?
- Daily stand up - Great reminder. Short and to the point.
- What do you and don’t you add to a regression suite? - I want to know tester thoughts on what you add and what you don’t add?
- Writing Exploratory Charters - This is based on "A simple charter template" from Elisabeth Hendrickson's awesome book Explore It!
Upcoming MoT Events
- Power Hour – Pairing & Mobbing - Lisi Hocke - 22nd of August 7pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- Understanding Assistive Technology: How Do Deaf-Blind People Use Technology? - Understanding digital accessibility challenges is easy if you know people with disabilities. But what if you’ve never seen a person who is blind use their computer or smartphone?
- 6 myths about making your website accessible to people with disabilities - are you falling for the six most common misconceptions about making your website and other digital assets accessible to people with disabilities.
- Postman - Postman is a massively popular tool when it comes to API testing, Mark & Richard spent some time exploring it in detail.
- Elevate your automation game by using Git Hooks - Automatically consume APIs and perform behind-the-scenes actions with your everyday Git commands.
- 3 ways to deploy and share virtual services and API mocks - There are three common ways you can deploy and share your virtual services or API mocks.
- How to Boost Your Ecommerce Revenue with Localization - Let's take a look at three localization strategies that you can use to boost your ecommerce revenue, as well as how to test localization to ensure it works.
- 5 Strategies for Going Deep on Kubernetes Debugging - Applications running in Kubernetes can be hard to debug, let alone test.
- API Testing Mistake #2: Using Hard-Coded Test Data - Robert Schneider - Rob explains when it's OK to use hard-coded data and when it's better to use some data generators.
- What does Continuous Testing ACTUALLY mean? - Whatever we call it, testing is not ever separate from software development.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- PyBites Code Challenges behind the scenes - Bob Belderbos - Going behind the scenes and sharing the tech stack running the PyBites Code Challenges platform.
- AB Testing – Episode 106: Weapons of Math Destruction - Steve Rowe is back (for the third time!) on AB Testing to take part in a discussion on ethics in data science.
- Episode 558 - IoT Strike Again - Kids Are Increasingly At Risk - Internet of Things, IoT, is a wild fire of expansion and unfortunately security is not exactly efficient.
- 141: Black Hat and Bridezillas - Say cheese to ransomware on your camera! A sponsored speech at Black Hat causes uproar, and should you trust that Lightning cable you're about to plug into your MacBook?
- Karate - an open-source tool to combine API test-automation, mocks and performance-testing into a single, unified framework.
- One Misconfig (JIRA) to Leak Them All- Including NASA and Hundreds of Fortune 500 Companies! - The root cause behind the leak was the wild misconfiguration which was present in JIRA.
- State Farm Falls Victim to Credential-Stuffing Attack - State Farm Insurance is notifying customers that accounts have been compromised by hackers in a credential-stuffing attack.
- Banking PINs exposed in Monzo secure storage slip-up - When is a secure PIN not a secure PIN? When you accidentally store it in your log files.
- Microsoft Lab Offers $300K For Working Azure Exploits - Microsoft says its Azure Security Lab will allow researchers to attack its cloud environment in a customer-safe way.
- What Capital One's cybersecurity team did (and did not) get right - While it’s tempting to knock Capital One for this breach, there’s a lot they got right.
- Irish State told to delete ‘unlawful’ data on 3.2m citizens - Data Protection Commission’s stance a serious blow to PSC project
- Biostar security software 'leaked a million fingerprints' - More than a million fingerprints and other sensitive data have been exposed online by a biometric security firm, researchers say.
- Senior QA Automation Developer, Web Experience - Toronto, Canada
- Automation Test Engineers - Gloucester, United Kingdom
- Hello Cypress! - Auckland
- Ask Us Anything - Software Testing Clinic London
- The Future of Software Testing + Data Science - Manila
- August 2019 - Leeds
- 1st Annual End of Summer Happy Hour - Dallas
- PART 2 - An Introduction to Selenium with Java - for absolute beginners - Auckland
- Save the Date - Movie Night!! - Bergen
- Lightning Talks - Brisbane