Weekly Newsletter: Should you become a Certified Agile Tester?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Testim.io
Automation Test Strategy and Design for Agile Teams
Join Testim.io's webinar, they'll discuss Why Test Automation? Challenges and how to prepare for Test Automation, Enabling Continuous Testing in your CI/CD through Test Automation, Best Practices and How AI/ML is aiding in Test Automation. Register and get the recording.
Testing and the Community
- The Certified Agile Tester Course - Ady shares his experience taking the ISQI Certified Agile Testing course. Is it worth doing?
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Communities of Practice - Get in all your questions for Lee Marshall on all things related to Communities of Practice.
- Exploratory Testing: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them? - Inspiring talk from Alex demonstrating the high level of skill required to excel at Exploratory Testing.
- Bugs on a Keyboard: Testing IRL Part 3 - Have you considered testing the things you interact with daily?
- Quality Indicators - Measuring quality is hard – if not impossible.
- What API automation testing tool you use and Why? - Which do you use?
- TestBash and Test.bash(); Early Bird tickets extended! - After a few requests to allow time for budget sign off. You have until the 26th July!
- The Easiest MongoDB Tutorial on the Web - Kristin has put together a tutorial to help you out.
- Automated Mindset - Do you need a different mindset?
- Human Test Design, Automated Test Execution - Interesting case study.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Power Hour on Personas - 24th July 2109, 7pm UK Time
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Communities of Practice - Lee Marshall - 13th August 2019, 8pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- What we learned from user testing of accessible client-side routing techniques with Fable Tech Labs - Some interesting findings.
- How the PURE Method Builds on 100 Years of Human Factors Research- Methods evolve and adapt.
- UX Improvements For Keyboard Accessibility - How can we provide an accessible user experience for keyboard-only and assistive technology users without affecting the experience for any other users?
- How to Be GDPR Compliant (And Verify It) - What is GDPR, who needs to comply, how to comply, and how to test compliance?
- July Product Updates - Interesting updates from Smartbear.
- How to succeed when including developers in your testing approach - Developers can test. The problem is that many (I don’t want to say most) developers don’t really want to test.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- TDD with flit - Continuation on the new features to a supported package and how to develop and test a flit based package.
- Episode 536 - Microsoft Making Multi-Factor Mandatory On Cloud Service Providers - Most CSPs will retain high level access to your email and files and not every CSP has they same level of security practices.
- 261: WebDriverIO and Extended Debugging with Christian Bromann - Christian will share the pros and cons of WebDriverIo, some extended debugging features he’s currently working on for the DevTools team at SauceLabs, plus a whole lot more.
- Site24x7 - Performance Monitoring Solution for DevOps and IT Operations.
- Postmark - Delivers your transactional email to customers.
- Readability Analyzer - Estimates the readability of a passage of text using the Flesch Reading Ease, Fog Scale Level, Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level, and other metrics.
- Google Home Silently Captures Recordings of Domestic Violence and More - Google is under fire after a report found that Google Home and Google Assistant records user audio, even when no wake-up word is used.
- Update Your Logitech Wireless Dongle Right Now - Do you use a Logitech wireless mouse or keyboard on your PC or Mac?
- Google to remove Chrome's built-in XSS protection (XSS Auditor) - Engineers plan to remove a Chrome security feature that has not been living up to par.
- Cracking my windshield and earning $10,000 on the Tesla Bug Bounty Program - Interesting...
- Testers, Let's Talk About Risk and an Introduction to Servirtium - Edinburgh, Scotland
- Samuel Lewis and Jamie Doyle - Cambridge, UK
- Software Testing Lean Coffee @ Russell House Tavern, Harvard Square - Boston, US
- Ministry of Testing #12 - Rio de Janeiro
- Test Data Management with Marcus & Allen - Dallas, US
- Browser Automation with Python is our topic-come meet testers-like you - Cincinnati, US
- MoT Meetup 2 - Manila, Philippines
- July 2019 - Leeds, UK
- Careers Night - Brisbane, Australia
- Behavioural Management Workshop, David Luyt and Paul Turner - Glasgow, Scotland