This newsletter is kindly supported by US!
TestBash San Francisco November 6th - 7th 2019
Join over 300 testing professionals for 2 days of talks, discussions and meetups to give you key insights you need to build a strong testing infrastructure.
Testing and the Community
- Software Testing Heuristics: Mind The Gap! - You can’t apply a checklist of heuristic techniques to all contexts and expect the same outcome, or for your problems to be resolved.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Mobile Testing - Daniel Knott - The recording is now live!
- A Developer's Story From TestBash - The Ministry of Testing community is amazing and inspired us to try and start a new community here.
- Linux Commands for Beginners - Lim Sim - Lim's course is filled with simple, accessible, hands-on tasks that you can follow.
- Lessons Learnt: Testing in a changing context - Context can change, while you are working in a team.
- TestBash Manchester – Selection of Sketch-notes - Louise Gibbs sharing her experience.
- What tools and things do you use to help you with exploratory software testing? - Please don’t answer with ‘my brain’.
- Testing is for You - TestBash Manchester 2019 - Poem performed by Ady at TestBash Manchester. Definitely worth a read.
- Manual Cross browser testing - Do you have any suggestions on how to speed up browser checking manually?
- TestBash Manchester 2019 - About Learning, Daring and Enjoying - Brace yourself for quite a lengthy report.
Upcoming MoT Events
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th - 29th May 2020
- 10 Tips for Optimising your Website for the Visually Impaired - You have a duty to make the digital products you create as accessible to as many people as possible.
- Challenges to digital accessibility now and in the future - Challenges we currently face in improving digital accessibility, and the emerging challenges we need to tackle.
- Major usability problems require less people to identify - The number of people you need to observe in order to identify the primary problems with your website or app depends on the quality of your website or app to a significant extent.
- Selenium 4(ALPHA): Relative Locators - This functionality was added to help you locate elements that are nearby other elements.
- Get Selenium & Appium C# Code from Recorded Tests with TestProject - Interested in learning how to code? Believe it or not – Record and playback might be the answer for you.
- 3 Ways to Personalize Your User Experience - Many websites and apps are designed from a business perspective rather than a user perspective.
- How to build a Cross-platform matrix for Usability Testing - When developing an app, it’s vital that you build in a testing strategy for it.
- Who should formulate the scenarios? - Over the past few years, there has been a growing recognition that BDD is an approach made up of three practices.
- Why Should I Run My Selenium Tests in Headless? - Headless testing is greatly underutilized – here are three quick ways it can increase performance.
- How to Reduce the Cost of Your Testing & Automation - There's always a push-and-pull when it comes to the time and costs associated with automation.
- Helperbird - a browser extension that gives you features such as dyslexia fonts, change the font & background color, text to speech, overlays, dyslexia rulers and more to make the web accessible to your needs!
- Baby steps into tracing - Investigating different tools to help with observability and tracing.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Improving Programming Education - Nicholas Tollervey - Nicholas is working toward better ways of teaching programming.
- Episode 591 - If Your Own Any iPhone You Need To Hear About This Exploit - This episode talks about a new exploit for all iPhones with the A5 and A11 chips.
- Episode 108: Lack of Testers vs. Lack of Testing - Talking about whether or not bugs in Windows 10 are due to a lack of a test team, and how you can apply MT principles if you’re a consultant asked to write automation.
- Authentication, authorisation and the chain of trust - The difference between authentication and authorisation, and the chain of trust.
- Attackers exploit an iTunes zeroday to install ransomware - Apple patches actively exploited flaw that let ransomware crooks evade AV protection.
- Yes, MFA Isn't Perfect. But That's Not a Reason for Your Company Not to Use It - A username and password is no longer enough for a hacker to breach your account.
- Patch now, Mac users: Critical 7-year-old flaw in open-source macOS app iTerm2 - iTerm2 whips out patch after a Mozilla-sponsored audit turns up an ancient critical flaw.
- Experienced Software Tester - Angmering, West Sussex. UK.
- Senior Test Engineer - Auckland, Auckland. New Zealand
- #22 | Design + QA Garantindo a qualidade do produto - Recife
- #19 - Code quality in Continuous Testing & Valley of Success - Berlin
- Automation - Software Testing Clinic Belfast
- October #MidsTest with Lean Coffee - Birmingham
- Technical Testing - Software Testing Clinic Nottingham
- #3: Xray Test Management in Jira and Automation in Oracle - Brno
- Introduction To Security Testing - Bangalore
- Coaching your team to Test - Edinburgh
- What are you looking at? & Testsphere challenge - Newcastle