This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
TimeShiftX - The Time Travel Software
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings, and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
Testing and the Community
- Ten Reasons The Whole Team Owns Defects - In a perfect world, everyone on the team works together to produce the best possible product they can build and test in the time available.
- Testers' Island Discs Ep29 - Simon Prior - Simon shares his experiences working as QA Programme Manager for Camelot as well as his ongoing mission in supporting testers both at work and in the community in becoming better testers.
- TestBash SF 2019 Live Blogging - We had some volunteers live blog TestBash San Francisco.
- Self Learning Plans - Trying to find new ways to manage all the things I want to learn - what tool do you use to help add structure?
- My Ability, Our Ability, Testability - Testability is great for making you think.
- TestBash NZ 2019 - Interesting read from a first time TestBash speaker.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: [E] Building a World Class QA team with Chris Thacker - 1hour - 8pm UK Time 12th November 2019.
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th -29th May 2020
- QA advice from a Disability Blogger - Unique insights and sage advice as somebody with a disability who navigates the physical and digital world.
- Should accessibility features be optional? - Spoiler alert: no, they shouldn’t.
Automation Test Strategy and Design for Agile Teams
Download Testim.io's ebook Automation Test Strategy and Design for Agile Teams.
It covers: Why Test Automation? Challenges and how to prepare for Test Automation; Enabling Continuous Testing in your CI/CD through Test Automation; Best Practices and How AI/ML is aiding in Test Automation.
- On Having Become #CodeConfident - Lisi's journey to learn more about coding.
- So you want to Automate? Part II – Let’s talk automation - Discussing myths and consequences.
- VRT: A series of mistakes - Bruce sharing their start in visual automation.
- RPA Vs Test Automation – What You Need to Know - What are the differences between RPA and Test Automation?
- The Role of Analytics in Software Testing - Dig deeper to see if analytics can help software testing and test automation.
- How to Perform Manual Mobile Testing Effectively? - For any test automation experts, manual mobile app testing is time-consuming and, like any other human activity, prone to mistakes and errors.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Recheck-web Golden Master-based test framework with Jeremias Rößler - Jeremias will share some awesome functionalities of his open-source tool, recheck-web, that can solve many of the common problems that create flaky tests.
- Episode 616 - A Story On Why Your Company Shouldn't Ignore Physical Threats - Physical threats to your offices are often over-looked or do not have the attention that digital threats do.
- Microsoft warns users to stay alert for more BlueKeep attacks - BlueKeep exploit will likely be used to deliver payloads more impactful and damaging than coin miners.
- This is when holiday online shopping fraud is highest (it's just two days) - A new report offers many nuances for retailers and says two particular days truly stand out for rates of fraud.
- Amazon fixes Ring Video Doorbell wi-fi security vulnerability - Security researchers discovered the flaw, and Amazon patched it.
- 6 Questions to Ask Security Solutions Vendors Who Claim They Use Artificial Intelligence - Just as 2017 was the year of ransomware and 2018 was the year of cryptomining, 2019 will certainly go down as the year of artificial intelligence (AI).
- Lean Coffee Morning - Cambridge
- From Monolith to Microservices: The Tester's Perspective - Auckland
- UI Testing without Selenium (Cypress and Backstop demos) - Toronto
- TestingCR Meetup en Liberia - Costa Rica
- An Inclusive Approach to Manual Accessibility Testing - Cleveland
- November MOTB Meetup @ mabl: Lightning talks! - Boston
- Organiser's Meeting . - Manchester
- November Meetup - Hilary Weaver-Robb- Getting Familiar With The Code - Cork
- Retour d'expérience : "Gérer ses tests sous JIRA avec Xray" - Lyon