Weekly Newsletter: Test Environments Management with Docker
This newsletter is kindly supported by WonderProxy!
Combine a global proxy network with manual and automated testing tools to see what your website looks like to customers around the world with WonderProxy.
Testing and the Community
- Testers' Island Discs Ep30 - Leigh Rathbone - Leigh shares some interesting insights into future challenges for software testers and how that is going to impact how we test.
- Masterclass: Test Environments Management with Docker with Tomasz Konieczny - Learn how Docker can simplify your everyday work and how Docker can make the management of test environments easier on the 14th January at 8pm UK Time.
- Celebrating the year that has been! - Looking back over how the community has grown and content that the community has us helped provide in the last year!
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Collaboration, Pairing and Mobbing - Elisabeth Hocke - The recording is now available for you to watch!
- What are the misconceptions that exist within software testing? - Software testing and software testers are too often misunderstood by the people around us.
- Why use capybara? - There is very little information about it, how should I start?
- Measuring Quality - Metrics can be used poorly; we've all heard stories about testers who were evaluated based on how many bugs they found or how many automated tests they wrote. How can it be done well?
- Constraints and Cynefin - Interesting read on how Constraints and Cynefin can help you solve complex problems.
- How To Write Great Acceptance Criteria - We could all do with a refresher.
- How to test a time machine - Something a bit fun to shift your focus.
- Goodbye Testing Columns, Part 2: The Empire Strikes Back - An update on the experiment.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Power Hour - Coaching Experts & End Users to Participate in Testing - 7pm UK Time - 1 hour - 8th January 2020
- Masterclass: Test Environments Management with Docker with Tomasz Konieczny - 8pm UK Time - 1 hour - 14th January 2020
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th -29th May 2020
- 11 web accessibility myths debunked - You’ve probably got some preconceptions about accessibility.
- Accessibility Testing by People with Disabilities - Does your organization employ accessibility experts of all abilities to perform accessibility review and testing?
- Understanding SC 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value - The intent of this success criterion is to make sure that assistive technologies receive the necessary semantic information from all the interactive elements present on the page.
- POUR the Foundation First - The issue in Web accessibility is the fact that blind and visually-impaired people need the single biggest boost to achieve equivalence since the real-world Web is a visual medium.
- Writing tests for RESTful APIs in Python using requests – part 1: basic tests - Explore the Python requests library and how it can be used for writing REST API tests.
- Selenium Java Interview Questions And Answers : That Every QA should Know(Top 31+Questions) - Some handy information to have.
- Dockerize React application with a Docker multi-staged build - How to build React application inside a Docker container, with a multi-staged build and then run it with NGINX or Caddy.
- Introducing CucumberStudio: The Platform for BDD Collaboration at Scale - SmartBear announce that they are officially bringing Cucumber and HipTest together under a unified brand with the launch of CucumberStudio
- Be aware of the non-lazy nature of Java with functional programming - When chaining methods in Java, you can sometimes run into unexpected behavior.
- Three Pillars of App Quality Excellence - Let’s explore these behaviors and see why they are so important.
- Parallel Testing: What It Is and Why You Should Adopt It - Parallel testing is the favored approach for higher test efficiency and quicker turnaround time in software deliveries.
- Testing for Fragmentation: Is your UX tested for Global Compatibility? - Fragmentation varies across the globe, there aresome key statistics you should keep in mind if you have a presence in these markets.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Test Data Management Automation with Huw Price - Do you struggle with creating test data for your automation testing efforts?
- Episode 640 - IoT Strikes Again - Jan 14 2020 Doomsday For Health Devices - Internet of Things Strikes Again!
- AB Testing – Episode 112: The Penultimate Potpourri - Lots of topics this time, including CI/CD, UI automation, and ABT ulterior motives.
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera - Video showing a hacker talking to a young girl in her bedroom via her family's Ring camera has been shared on social media amid warnings people need to secure the devices better.
- Google Now Bans Some Linux Web Browsers From Their Services - Do you use Linux? It is not known when Google started blocking these browsers, but a user discovered this ban shared on Reddit.
- Mozilla to force all add-on devs to use 2FA to prevent supply-chain attacks - New rule to enter effect starting next year, in 2020.
- Chrome 79 will continuously scan your passwords against public data breaches - By default, Chrome will now let users know if their credentials are public.
- QA Engineer - Poznan, Greater Poland Voivodeship. Poland
- December Meetup - Testing quiz! - Newcastle
- WEBINAR - Performance testing: Desafíos, fallas y aprendizajes por Guillermo S - Costa Rica
- Selenium with Java using POM - Islamabad
- Come meet testers (like you) - Cincinnati
- Let’s play with Agile Testing Cards & Wonder Cards! - Sfax
- Testers Meetup by PSTS - Karachi