Weekly Newsletter: TestBash Brighton 2020: Our Biggest TestBash Yet!
This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
5 Ways to Time Travel Test [Whitepaper]
Temporal testing is critical for date sensitive business rules such as insurance rates, billing, and enrollment. Efficient time travel testing can increase your test coverage, accelerate development, and improve software quality. Read our whitepaper to learn the 5 ways to time travel software!
Testing and the Community
- TestBash Brighton 2020: Our Biggest TestBash Yet! - We've made some exciting changes! Plus a line up of workshops and speakers that will definitely get your brain firing.
- From Strategy To Execution In A Lean And Effective Way - Working in agile mode is not working fast, it is working smart and efficiently.
- Masterclass: [E] Building a World Class QA team with Chris Thacker - Learn how you can grow a successful remote testing team in our next Masterclass on 12th November.
- Testers' Island Discs Ep28 - Jenna Charlton - Discussing culture, team dynamics and collaboration.
- How to decide what tests should be done across multiple browsers? - "I have a whole bunch of tests to run but I need to decide which ones need to be cross-browser tested"
- When Subject Matter Experts test - Jesper giving a sneak peek at his TestBash Brighton 2020 talk.
- All testing is exploratory: change my mind - Interesting thoughts around some of the myths associated with testing.
Upcoming MoT Events
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- Masterclass: [E] Building a World Class QA team with Chris Thacker - 1hour - 8pm UK Time 12th November 2019.
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th -29th May 2020
- Un-Expo Software Accessibility Quiz - TestBash Manchester 2019 - Interesting way of discovering from shocking facts about accessibility!
- Beyond automatic accessibility testing: 6 things I check on every website I build - Something that you can apply to your project right away.
- The Challenge of Identifying UX Success Metrics - How would you know if the new system is an improvement over the existing system?
- An Introductory Guide to Understanding Cognitive Disabilities - Disabilities that impact emotions, problem-solving, memory and other ways we use our brain.
- More Selenium4 Goodies - Some interesting information on Selenium4 features and in WebElement and WebDriver interfaces.
- How we design suitable selenium test automation framework as per our requirement - Might give you some ideas when planning your own framework.
- Checklist of Best Practices for Writing Assertions - Load tests are important. At least as important as unit and integration tests.
- 6 Key Factors That Improve Cross Browser Testing - Test early and often, use tools that fit your needs, run automated tests on real devices as often as possible!
- Announcing Cucumber-JVM v5.0.0-RC1 - Sharing notable changes in this release.
- Finding Table Cells by Header Text in Java Applications - Some ideas on how to achieve this in tests against your Java AUT.
- How to Test Multilingual Websites - Does your website support multiple languages?
- Accessibility tools and plugins - Although it's aimed at designers, there are lots that cross over to testing.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Python 3.8 - there's a lot more new than most people are talking about - Running through what's new, picking out the interesting bits.
- Episode 601 - IoT Strikes Again - D-Link Home Routers Won't Be Fixed - This episode is about the risks of relying on vendors to do the right thing with their products.
- AB Testing – Episode 109: The MT Guide to Promotions - Discussion (and rants) on career maps and our experiences in how to make these fail spectacularly (and sometimes work).
- 150: Liverpool WAGs, Facebook politics, and a selfie stalker - Says it all.
- Sudo Flaw Lets Linux Users Run Commands As Root Even When They're Restricted - A new vulnerability has been discovered in Sudo.
- About that “Any fingerprint can unlock your Samsung Galaxy S10” report - Possibly the wrong type of technology used.
- Warning: Russian Hackers Break Into European Embassy In Washington - The hackers who infamously breached the Democratic National Committee have continued to cause havoc, according to research released Thursday.
- Unencrypted Mobile Traffic on Tor Network Leaks PII - Researchers create digital dossiers of mobile users scraped from Tor network traffic.
- Test Manager (m/f/x) - French speaking - Berlin, Germany
- Software Quality Engineer - State College, PA. United States
- How Edward de Bono's 6 Hats Can Help Your Testing & Improve Test Coverage - Auckland
- We love Testing! Join Us! - Costa Rica
- Lean Coffee Style Join us for a Night of Topics, Brainstorming & Problem Solving - Atlanta
- Ministry of Testing #11- São Paulo
- #7: Domain Knowledge & Timings API & Jenkins as code - Athens
- Open Source Performance Testing - An intro to Taurus & BlazeMeter - Kansas City
- Pre Workshop TestBash Australia Meetup - Sydney
- Exploring a DevOps Transformation Like a Tester with Parveen Khan - Detroit
- Ministry of Testing October 2019 - Leeds
- Angie Jones Pre TestBash Meetup - Sydney
- Lean Coffee Morning - St Neots - Cambridge
- Putting Personas to Work - Richard Douglass - Columbus
- Freelance BGC with Lisa Crispin - Manila
- Post TestBash Australia Meetup - Sydney
- Pre TestBash Meetup - Wellington
- Agile Champion versus Agile Skeptic - Brisbane
- Planning for Performance and Automation - scoping for the most benefit - Glasgow