This newsletter is kindly supported by Xpand IT!
Bring your colleagues and claim your crown as the Super Testers of San Francisco! Join Xray for a night of networking, insights to the future of testing and a not-to-be-missed CI/CD Pub Quiz. SPACE IS LIMITED so invite your testing team today!
Testing and the Community
- The Software Testing Planning Checklist - This checklist is designed to help you think about the project you are working on, identify potential gaps and potentially give you new ideas on how to approach your testing.
- TestBash Australia Early Bird Ending - Whether you're interested in VR, Automation, Security or mastering your skills, we have the talk or workshop for you. Early Bird tickets end this month!
- Power Hour – Pairing & Mobbing - Find out what pairing and mobbing are all about and how they work by asking Lisi Hocke before our next Power Hour on 22nd of August before 7pm.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Communities of Practice - Discover a brilliant way for all members of your development teams to share skills and experiences. Ask Lee how to get started and activities to use on the 13th August at 8pm.
- Review Talk & Workshop Submissions! - You can influence the TestBash lineup by donating some of your time to the community review.
- New Logged In Page! - You've likely noticed when you've logged into your MoT account, we have a shiny new landing page.
- What does testing mindset mean to you? What's your tester mindset? - Is it critical thinking? Risk Evaluation? Something else? Share your thoughts.
- How do you achieve continuous testing in a scenario where the team is sprinting continuously? - Can you share your knowledge and help?
- Turning Ideas into Code - Some great tips on software product creation visualisation.
- A Win-Win-Win situation with Exploratory Testing - Taking the time to focus on your Exploratory testing skills is definitely worth the time.
- Feature Bloat - Is feature bloat driving down the quality of your app?
Automation and Machine Learning
- One Request, Sixteen Assertions - Do you assert more than just the 200 response when API testing?
- Introducing Predictive Maintenance Using Machine Learning - Interesting, seemingly this is a solution that automates the detection of potential equipment failures, and provides recommended actions to take.
- How not to name self-verifying test data - Gentle reminder on those naming conventions.
- Tests encode knowledge - What knowledge are you trying to encode into your tests?
- AiT Online 2 - React Testing Library - Catch up on Mark & Richard's latest twitch stream, it's packed with lots of useful information.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Communities of Practice - Lee Marshall - 13th August 2019, 8pm UK Time
- Power Hour – Pairing & Mobbing - Lisi Hocke - 22nd of August 7pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
Software experts from around the world are coming to Australia in early December. Join us in Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne to network and enjoy talks on topics from Design to Microservices to DevOps and more. Early bird ends 15 August, so don’t wait!
- Create custom keyboard accessible radio buttons - Useful bit of information!
- Web accessibility for seizures and physical reactions - This article introduces concepts behind making web content accessibile for those with vestibular disorders.
- Truths about digital accessibility - Some things to keep in mind.
- What Is QA Testing & What Tools Make It Easy? - Let's take a look at quality assurance processes, best practices and tools that are making it easier than ever.
- How to Ensure That Your Code Reflects Domain Concepts - Take a look at how to write clean code that reflects domain concepts.
- What is Machine Learning? - Filled with lots of useful information.
- The End of QA as We Know It - We can’t possibly expect QA as we know it to remain the same in the face of these seismic shifts.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Episode 547 - Now Capital One Is Breached By Poor Configuration And Patch Management - Another day and another breach that is bigger than the last.
- AB Testing – Episode 105: A World of Modern Testing - Talking about what they're seeing in the industry that looks and smells like Modern Testing.
- 139: Capital One hacked, iMessage flaws, and anonymity my ass! - Smashing Security podcast covering all the bases.
- Eigensheep - A python package that lets you effortlessly run Jupyter Notebook cells on AWS Lambda, with massive parallelism.
- Punchcard - A TypeScript project to imagine what the future of software development might look like for the Cloud.
- CloudMapper - It helps you analyze your Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments.
- Puppetry - Codeless End-to-End automation testing.
- Marker.io - Bug reporting made easy for everyone
- Visa card vulnerability can bypass contactless limits - Flaws discovered by Positive Technologies bypasses verification limits in 100 percent of tested cases and could be used to steal from accounts
- Capital One Reports Data Breach Affecting 100 Million Customers, Applicants - A hacker accessed the personal information of approximately 106 million card customers and applicants, one of the largest-ever data breaches of a big bank.
- Underscoring the “private” in private key - Last weekend, Eric Lawrence found that the Amazon Music app, like Zoom, can automatically be launched from web pages without any user interaction.
- Google researchers disclose vulnerabilities for 'interactionless' iOS attacks - The six bugs, if sold on the exploit market, would have brought in well over $5 million.
- Agile & Testing - Lessons I Have Learned - Auckland
- The Humans of Testing - Sheffield
- Testing For Users & Feedback session - Nottingham
- Let’s play to design our Continuous Delivery pipeline - Sfax
- Strategize your Agile Testing and Test Automation - Bangalore
- Storybook: Isolation for UI Component Driven Development - Phoenix