Weekly Newsletter: The Tech Response to Lockdown
This newsletter is kindly supported by Kobiton
The ultimate online testing conference Odyssey returns this summer for 3 days of expert-led sessions featuring speakers from Google and Lyft and product demos from some of the industry’s best QA tools and service partners. Save your spot today!
Testing and the Community
- TestBash Manchester Live To Your Street - We’re very excited to announce that TestBash Manchester will be back this year in a new online format, streaming live to your street.
- Test.bash(); Online 2020 - Awesome Automation Content in a Venue Of Your Choice - Test.bash(); may be moving from its inaugural home of Manchester, UK but the plans for an excellent lineup will be the same.
- We Want Your Training - We want to add your training workshop or course to our Masters of the Ministry, whether it's online or location-based, we'll help you get attendees to your training.
- The Tech Response to Lockdown with MoT Manchester - Ministry of Testing Manchester hosted its first online meetup with the rather appropiate topic of lockdown and how people were adapting.
- OWASP Juice Shop - Have you run sessions on OWASP Juice Shop? Have you any tips/tricks/resources?
- 30 Days of DevOps Bonus: Share Your Experience - No matter where or when you joined us for 30 Days of DevOps we’d love to hear about your experience.
- Inflicting Help - Like it or not, our profession, software testing, unwittingly creates pain in others. Shattering illusions does that.
- Feature and Release Testing - Have your ideas changed around feature and release testing?
- Get the balance right… - Taking another look at diversity in conference speaker line ups.
- Avoiding Death By Exposure - Measure your software’s quality by the exposure you have to failure, not the cost of man-hours spent developing and testing each feature.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Software Testing Essentials Live Online - 1st - 3rd June 2020
- Masterclass: Testing and Quality: Correlation does not equal Causation - 8pm UK Time - 9th June 2020
- Automation in Testing Online - 3-Day Course - 22nd - 24th June 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online 2020 - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16h October 2020
- Test.bash(); Online 2020 - 29th October 2020
- Rarely Used HTTP Methods - Four rarely used methods and how you might use them in your testing.
- Load Tests: Locust vs Jmeter - Useful if you're investigating which of these tools to use.
- New Tricks with Chromium Edge and msedgedriver.exe - So should you add Chromium Edge to your scheduled UI test runs?
- Five steps to successfully learn any test automation framework - Some basic steps to get you started.
- Selenium for Games: Automating Tic Tac Toe - Excellent way to practice your skills.
- Last week we happily sponsored the 8th OnlineTestConf, and what an event it was! - Way before COVID-19 pandemic came to our lives, we started the OnlineTestConf, or OTC, as one of PractiTest’s “For the community” events.
- Consumer-Driven Contract Testing using Pact Java - Have you used Pact?
- Embedded YouTube and Google Maps – are they accessible? - Organisations often rely on embedded content to add additional functionality to their websites.
- This is an Accessibility Emergency! - Accessibility is not some burden that you would be imposing on your audience or customers if you consider a few simple concepts.
- Setting priorities for accessibility issues - Make setting priorities easier and more consistent for you and your team.
- The State of Digital Accessibility 2020 - The 2020 report cover the following themes: The State of Accessibility Programs; Challenges, Risks, and Motivations; Product Development, Design, and Testing and Content Creation.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Extreme Loadtesting with 2Mio Virtual Users: Lessons learned with Joerek van Gaalen - How do you prepare for a 2Mio concurrent user load that lasts for 7 seconds? What does the load infrastructure look like? How do you optimize your scripts? How do you deal with DNS or CDNs?
- Episode 751 - Special Guest Episode - Ransomware Discussion With Optiv CISO - Discussing ransomware in this new remote work world we find ourselves in and the challenges for businesses and individuals working at home.
- The Guilty Tester - Episode 16 - Do The Things You Like More - Do you ever feel guilty for not meeting the standards set by others in the Software Testing community, or even the standards you are setting for yourself? Okay, you are in the right place then.
- Episode 752 - Flight Risk Employees Post Greatest Insider Threat - A study of insider breaches revealed that the great insider threats are employees that are leaving the company soon or are deemed flight risks.
- Alan Richardson (Part 2) - Test automation - This is the second part of my interview with Alan Richardson, better known as "evil tester".
- The Testing Show: Prioritizing Testing in DevOps - Matthew Heusser and Michael Larsen welcome James Back to discuss the state of testing and the push towards DevOps.
- Quality Coaching Roadshow: Lisa Crispin, Janet Gregory, Anne-Marie Charrett: Part 1 - Talking about the similarities between quality coaching and whole-team quality and we also talk about Elephants and Donkeys!
- The lack of women in cybersecurity leaves the online world at greater risk - Women are highly underrepresented in the field of cybersecurity.
- Coronavirus: Security flaws found in NHS contact-tracing app - Wide-ranging security flaws have been flagged in the Covid-19 contact-tracing app being piloted in the Isle of Wight.
- BIAS - Bluetooth Impersonation AttackS - The Bluetooth Impersonation AttackS (BIAS) exploits standard-compliant vulnerabilities in the Bluetooth authentication procedures.
- Webinar: Ask Me Anything - Michael Bolton - Online, Uruguay
- Online: Mobile Performance for Functional QA Engineers - Online, Gothenburg
- How to train your tester.....remotely - Online, Sheffield
- Testers virtual coffee: Focus & Time management tips - Online, Sfax and Salta
- Demo: Implementing Continuous Testing in 60 Minutes - Online, Berlin
- Guide pour percer les mystères de la production - Online, France