This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings, and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Two Heads Are Better Than One: The Benefits of Pair Testing Across Disciplines - The idea of pairing with someone from an entirely different discipline, is one that continues to be a consideration as more agile teams are being formed.
- Testing Ask Me Anything on Automation - Marie shared her experience with test automation and answered your burning questions!
- TestBash New Zealand Speakers - Our final speaker line up has been confirmed!
- Working With Outsourced Testing Services? What is your experience of working with outsourced testing/QA services?
- What was the turning point in your career? - What made that turning point possible?
- Acceptance Testing - Do you know any links, books or other materials about User/System Acceptance Testing?
Community News & Podcasts
- Avoid These 3 Mistakes With Your End-To-End Tests - This article goes through three of the most common mistakes seen when building and maintaining an end-to-end test suite.
- Test Shapes - For the longest time, the so-called “test triangle” or “test pyramid” was considered gospel. Are there other shapes to consider?
- How to run your Cypress tests in multiple environments - Considering it’s the de facto language of the web at the moment means that one language can be used for the web application stack.
- Why Performance Engineering in 2020 is still failing with James Pulley - Why do some organizations still see performance testing as a waste of time?
- How to Test Anything - David Lord - I asked people on twitter to fill in "How do I test _____?" to find out what people want to know how to test.
- Emerging Voices: Busra Demir - Busra is a hacker to her core—demonstrating an inimitable aptitude for testing applications and an unstoppable quest to achieve her pentesting goals.
99-Minute Workshops - September
- Mocks and Testability - Join Ali Haydar at 12pm New Zealand time (NZST) - 11th September 2020
- Property-based testing in Java - Join Mike Solomon at 12pm UK Time - 14th September 2020
- A Deep Dive into JUnit 5 - Join Boni García at 1pm New York, US Time - 16th September 2020
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC - Join Dan Ashby at 12pm UK Time - 18th September 2020
- RiskStorming Online - Join Beren Van Daele at 7 pm New Zealand Time (NZST) - 25th September 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Tech Tip: Best Practices For Using Sauce Connect - When your team moves to a cloud testing solution like Sauce Labs, creating a solid, secure connection is likely to be a top priority.
- A Balancing Act: Finding a Place for Exploratory Testing - There are things you could automate, but do they need to do the setup part, the executing part, and the asserting part?
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Min Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Masterclass: Let’s Go Larvae Hunting! - 8pm UK Time - 22nd September 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Career Building - 8pm UK Time - 13th October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Even cybersecurity companies spill data and passwords - Nobody is immune to data breaches and hacking, not even the professionals.
- Coronavirus: England and Wales' contact-tracing app gets launch date - 24 September, the government has announced.